I know, I'll ask Ciel, since I don't trust that creepy butler, I thought, opening the door and walking out of my room. How strange though...that I can't remember everything that happened last night...and why does my back hurt?

I snapped back to reality when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry I-" I apologized but stopped when I saw who it was. Sebastian.

"On second thought, I'm not," I said, placing my hands on my hips. He looked down at me with a raised eyebrow and smiled softly.

"Well good morning to you too (y/n). Do forgive me for not paying attention as I walked," he said and took out his pocket watch.

"I expected you to wake up later, considering the hit you took last night," he said. Hit?

"Hit? What hit?" I asked.

"Oh? You don't remember?" asked Sebastian with a concerned look on his face.

"No, I was actually going to go ask the Young Master if he knew why I can't remember."

"Well, as we were heading back to the manor, after the party, your gear seemed to malfunction as you were 'flying' and one of the hooks got loose, resulting you to crash with one of the houses," he explained. Malfunction? That can't be! I always make sure my gear is working before I use it.

"Uh huh...well I'm assuming you brought me here correct?" I asked.

"Yes, and Mey-Rin gave you a bath after I checked you to see if you had major injuries."

"Thank you Sebastian. But it's going to take more than me crashing to get hurt pretty badly," I responded and smiled. That and the fact that I can heal pretty quickly, due to my titan ability.

"You're very welcome (y/n). What a strong soldier you are," he winked. I laughed and playfully punched his shoulder, making him smile wider. I turned my head and blushed.

"So did you catch Jack the Ripper," I asked as we walked side by side towards Ciel's study. Sebastian looked at me and shook his head.

"Unfortunately, no," he said and handed me the newspaper. In big letters, the newspaper read "Jack the Ripper Strikes Again?." I handed it back to him.

"So the Viscount wasn't our man after all huh?" I asked Sebastian, turning a corner. Sebastian just looked at me with an expressionless face and opened the door to the study, where Madam Red, Grell, and Ciel were all talking to each other and playing Chess, except Grell, but turned to look at me once I walked in.

"(y/n) you're awake," stated Ciel in a bored tone. I nodded and walked towards him, standing behind his chair.

"Madam Red, this really isn't the time to be playing chess," he stated.

"You won't solve the case if you obsess about it, dear," she responded.

"Why not leave it to Sebastian?" she asked.

"Because, he's simply my chess piece. I move him by giving him orders. However he's no ordinary piece...he can move as many times as he wants," said Ciel, moving the knight in an illegal way of the game and knocking over Madam Red's white king.

Madam Red gasped, "that was against the rules you know."

"Indeed...it would be if this as a game," smirked Ciel. Madam Red's expression softened as she looked at Ciel.

"You must have had other options in life besides policing England's underworld," said Madam Red. "Are you trying to avenge your parents murder?"

"I didn't return to the house of Phantomhive for my parents...I did it for myself," responded Ciel sternly. I looked down at him and wondered how he truly feels on the inside.

"I want to find the people responsible and I want them to experience the same pain and humiliation I felt," continued Ciel.

"Ciel I think of you as my own son...which is why I wish you would stop this," said Madam Red as she got up from her chair and placed a hand on top of Ciel's head.

"I don't regret my decision and I won't be coddled," said Ciel, slapping her hand away. She simply nodded and stepped back, gathering her coat.

"I'll be leaving then...take care dear," she said and walked out the door with Sebastian on her heels. A few seconds later, Ciel spoke.

"I imagine Sebastian explained to you what happened...he said you might forget about what happened," said Ciel.

"He did...he also mention the Viscount isn't the murderer," I said and raised an eyebrow.

"No he isn't. He was taken care of by Scotland Yard by the time the murder happened," explained Ciel. I nodded and Sebastian walked in through the door with a small stack of papers.

"Well?"

"I believe that none of the people in the Viscount's mansion could have murdered the prostitute," said Sebastian while scanning the papers.

"No person can move that quickly," I said.

"Indeed...yet he's the only person who fits the criteria," said Ciel, referring to the Viscount.

"So what exactly do you plan on doing now?" I asked.

"I am in the process of figuring it out...I will inform you then. So you can go help the servants if you wish or simply rest," said Ciel. I eyed him skeptically and nodded before walking out the door to his study. He's keeping something hidden as well...I can feel it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What could they be hiding? Do you know, (h/n)?" I asked my horse as I held the bucket filled with food to his/her snout. He/she simply responded with a snort and continued to eat. I smiled and patted her head.

"Well (h/n) I'm sure we'll get back home soon," I said and patted his/her mane. Once he/she was done, I placed the bucket behind him/her and walked out of the stables. I looked towards the front of the manor and saw Ciel and Sebastian talking to each other. Ciel was dressed in something different than his usual noble attire. I hid in one of the garden's bushes and waited to see what they were doing. Sebastian then nodded and walked towards the carriage standing behind him and open the door for Ciel. It's odd to see them leaving...Ciel is usually in bed by now...

Once Ciel and Sebastian were gone, I called (h/n).

"Well (h/n), let's go see what they're up to," I said. Maybe I can figure out what Sebastian is, once and for all.