Chapter 8: Rescue

Start from the beginning

"No, no. Of course not. Such a powerful demon as yourself undoubtedly has no use for such trivial things as money." The Supervisor was patronizing Aziz, and it only pissed the demon off more. "No, I seem to remember coming by a certain object, I forget from whom it was obtained, but let's not worry about such trivial matters now! No, this object may be of some interest to you." 

Aziz paused, his smirk faltering for a minute. He couldn't possibly... no of course not. 

The Supervisor drew out an IPad. On it was an image, a video feed. As Aziz looked closer, he felt a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

No... No no no this can't be happening.... 

All the blood drained from Aziz's face as he watched the feed, watched the live feed. It was happening. They had it. They had the only thing that mattered to Aziz, the only reason he stayed on this wretched world. 

Everything for Aziz began to spin, and suddenly the world seemed like a very cruel place. He went to speak, but the words were caught in his throat. The Supervisor smiled, a sick, burning grimace crawling across his face. 

"Now, now, Aziz, you shouldn't be so hasty to say no. I see that you have some interest in this. Do you want to reconsider my proposition? Do we have a deal? You work for me, I give you this?" The man gestured towards the IPad.

Aziz licked his dry lips, nodding but still terrified. 

The Supervisor sighed and shook his head, then once again in a patronizing tone said, "Ah ah ah, a nod won't do, and you know it." The man leaned closer. "I want a blood pact."

Aziz finally found a voice, and in a low defeated tone said, "You... you bastard." His voice cracking on the last word. The Supervisor's reply was merely a chuckle. Looking down, feeling the weight of crushing defeat, Aziz sighed and nodded again. Then the demon elongated his fingernail, while the Supervisor pulled out a pocket knife. They both made about a three inch long incision in the right palm of their hand, they then went to shake. Aziz held back a shudder as he touched the cold, clammy surface of the human's hand. Fuck what have I just done.

The wound of the demon quickly healed, leaving only a faint pink scar. The man, though, had to wrap his hand in a bandage, tying the knot tightly so as to stop the bleeding. 

The Supervisor smiled, triumph evident in his face. "Oh come, now! It can't be that bad, now can it?"

But it was. Oh god, it was. Aziz slowly began to let the reality sink in of what had just happened. He had just sold his soul to the proverbial devil, in return for the safety of his most cherished possession. 

Feeling a deep sickness in his stomach, Aziz listen as the vile man in front of him began to elaborate on the details of the mission, a smirk now prominent on the stubbled face. 

Oh how the tables have fucking turned. Thought Aziz morbidly.

The mission seemed like a suicide mission. Maybe it is. But no matter, Aziz would do anything now, anything at all.

*                                     *                                   *

 Mariah walked down the cold corridors of section B of the ground floor, AKA Maximum Security. The whole placed looked the same, but lucky for her, she had swiped a map. Also the fact that Mariah had been working in the facility for over seven months gave her a major benefit when it came to traversing the halls.

A month ago, Joseph suddenly disappeared. Nothing. He just vanished into thin air. People that Mariah asked denied ever knowing him, that he had even been employed by the Company. Amy, Tracy, Keith, Kaylei, even that asshole Marc and his goonies denied ever seeing the skinny little linguist.