Do You Love Me?! (Near x Reader)

Note: Hey guys! Back with another update! I'm getting a new phone tomorrow cause my other one got stolen. I'm currently using my Tablet as a replacement. I'll probably update a bit more when I do get it. Anyways. I don't own Death Note or you. If you don't like this character or the anime in general then don't read this. Anyways. Enjoy!
Warning: There are slight spoilers from the last episode of Death Note so if you haven't seen it then I recommend watching it first. This takes place during episode 37.

     You were sitting in your room at Wammy's House with your laptop open helping Near solve the Kira case. This case has kept you up for a few days straight, not letting you rest at all. But when you had your breaks you would take naps.
     You and Near have been working on the case for a few months now. But you haven't caught the main suspect yet. But you had a good feeling that you two would catch him eventually.
     You've grown fond of Near and you eventually became friends with him. You have seen him smile a few times but that was put to rest when the Kira case happened. You gotta admit, you do like his smile and thought it was cute.
     But you kept that all to yourself until the Kira case was solved and closed. Then you thought about starting a relationship.
     But right now, you were dead serious about this investigation.
     You were about to fall asleep but your computer screen showed a fancy 'N' on the screen you mentally squealed on the inside 'Near!' You excitedly thought.
     You went over to your computer and spoke into the Mic. You cleared your throat and tried to sound as serious as possible . "Yes Near? Any updates?" You asked. "Yes. I have gone over to Japan to meet with this second so-called 'L'." He said. You nodded. "I have suspected that the 2nd L is or could be Kira. And strangely enough, he agreed." He said. "Yeah that does sound strange." You said.
     "I would like to ask you if you'd like to help us over here. Just a fair warning though, you WILL be risking a great deal of your life." He said.
     Well being you, you were a risk taker. "I will be willing to risk my life." You said with determination. "Good. I will be waiting for you at the airport when you get off. You have until tomorrow. Understand?" He said. "Yes Near." You said. "Good. Near out." He said.
     Then the fancy N screen closed and in front of you was your laptop with your wallpaper.
     You sighed and got up. You shut down your computer while at it, and packed the things you needed most.
                         *Time Skip the next day when you get off your plane*  Your POV
     I got off the plane and looked around for Near. He does stand out from other people.
     After a few minutes of looking around, I finally found him. I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. "Heh Near. It's (Name) so you don't have to worry." I said.
     He turned around and smiled. Once again, I mentally squealed on the inside but kept calm on the outside. (That would be me if I ever met some of the Death Note characters tbh.)
                    *Time skip when the whole 'Catching Kira thing happens cause I'm too lazy to write out stuff* Still Your POV
     This whole scene in front of me was intense! Light and Mikami were both going insane at this point. Mikami was calling Light 'God' and Light was trying to kill Near and the rest of us. It was at that point I heard a gun fire. It was Matsuda who shot at Light.
     I also held a gun in my hand just in case.
     Light was laying on the ground trying his best to catch his breath.
     A few minutes later, Light weakly got up and started limping off somewhere. "Should we go after him?" I asked looking at Near. "I doubt he'll go far." He said in his usual monotone voice. I sighed.
                 *Time Skip* Still Your POV once again
     Light has died and the Kira case was announced closed. We also heard a report that the famous Misa Amane has committed suicide.
     I'm pretty sure that the people that actually supported Kira are pretty pissed at us right now.
     I was sharing a hotel room with Near as of today. Tomorrow we are heading back to America to solve smaller crimes there.
     Near was playing with his toys like usual. I was listening to music and catching up on Social Media. I actually felt quite proud that we finally caught Kira and closed the case.
     My favorite song came on and I jammed to it. Singing a few of my favorite parts from here to there.
                                   Near POV
     I was listening to (Name)'s singing while playing with my toys. She does have a beautiful voice.
     A few moments later, she finished her song. I turned my head to face her and said "Your voice is lovely you know?" She took one earbud out and smiled "Uh. Thanks." She said. "No problem." I said back. I turned away and played with my toys once again.
                                  Your POV
      I blushed when Near said that. 'He actually complimented me!' I thought to myself and squealed on the inside.
      I then decided that this was the right moment to see if Near did like me the same way as I do to him. "H-Hey. Near?" I said. He turned to face me.
     He was doing his weird hair habit again. "Do you... Love me?" I asked hesitating a bit when I said Love. "Like. Do you have a crush on me?" I explained. My heart was pounding at the moment.
     He seemed to be in thought then he shook his head yes. "I do." He said. "P-prove it then. With a kiss on the lips." I said stuttering a bit. Now my heart was REALLY pounding at this point!
     Near got up and went up to me. He then got his face inches from mine. Next minute I knew his soft lips were on mine. I enjoyed every second of it. I kissed back of course.
     We broke away a few moments later for air. My face was completely red by now. "I love you." He said. "I love you too Near." I said. I kissed his forehead.
     A few hours later, we were snuggled up close next to each other in bed asleep.

             Today was the best day ever

Note: Hope you guys liked it! Not much to say. Anyways. Keep requesting! GravityFallsFTW896 OUT! PEACE 
Next up: Darkiplier x Reader x Yandere!Light (Yup. A Mashup of fandoms ^^)

1,145 words