Chapter 7

This story update has taken way longer than I anticipated but I have had serious writers block but I am slowly getting back at it. Thanks for waiting and sticking with this story! You guys are the best! ---JQueens <3

Hailey POV

Kiernan continued to fill my thought as I chased after Eric as he practically ran towards out next class. He led me into an older classroom which looked to be part of the original structure of the school, unlike my homeroom which had more of a new age feel. I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I entered, looking at the array of posters that lined the walls; they portrayed different aspects of history, one image more captivating than the next.

Eric's hand on my arms startled me and he looked at me with pleading eyes, urging me to follow him. He dragged me towards the very back of the classroom and hopped over the seat railing to sit next to me. I wasn't sure why he was acting so odd, but then the teacher walked in and I suddenly had an inkling of an idea.

He was a bulldog of a man, short and stocky, but intimidating in his tan slacks and white shirt. His tie had a cow on it with sunglasses which appeared to grazing in a green field which was a sharp contrast to his mad slightly red face. The bell hadn't even rang yet when he barked "Anyone who isn't sitting by the time I set this stack of papers on my desk will get lunch detention."

Like a flock of birds, my classmates startled and squawked at each other trying to find an available seat. I looked at Eric in shock and he sent me a knowing smirk. I was thankful I had made some friends so quickly, I doubted the teacher would have allowed me be late regardless if I was new and lost.

The teacher ground out "My name is Mr. Kirsick, some of you may already know this, I see familiar faces. For others, this should be the first time and hopefully only time I have contact with you. My rules are simple: 1) no phones or devices what so ever 2) I have notes written on the board which you will copy while simultaneously taking notes on what I dictate 3) I will give you assignments every Monday which will be turned in every Friday which no exceptions or extensions, and 4) lastly, if you want to take a selfie with Obama, you can do it after class and its going to cost you a dollar."

He smirked and immediately began going over the notes. I was left in a state of shock as I numbly watched others rush to take out notebooks and pens to write with. I saw a green notebook land in front of me and then a black pen be thrust in my direction. Eric eyes held mirth as he urged me to take the pen. I grasped it and it set my brain into motion. I quickly opened the notebook to the first page and began writing down Mr. Kirsick's notes that were scribbled carelessly on the white board.

As I glanced around, everyone was frantically writing but I was still stuck on his comment about Obama. That's when I saw him, a human size cut out of the president that stood near the door with his signature smile. I laughed quietly to myself, as two thoughts crossed my mind simultaneously, Mr. Kirsick was going to be tough but he was also nuts.

******

The bell had already rang and Mr. Kirsick decided that was the opportune moment to give us our weekly assignment. I decided in that moment that this teacher played by his own rules and it was no wonder students failed. As I rushed to write down the assignment in my borrowed notebook, Eric had already stood and had both our backpacks resting against each shoulder.