Back to Galuna

"Today looks like a good day to go back. Make sure we have weapons, okay? Magic might not work with these things." I warned my team mates as we prepared to go back to Galuna Island. It had been a week, so it has most likely been enough time for things to calm down.

Camilla came over, looking content. "My mother helped me unlock more weapons in my requip." She smiled. "I'll be fine; they come with weapons. But you guys should probably pack your own swords and stuff if you can find any." She ordered. A few minutes pass, and Storm comes over, holding a small pouch.

"Found some daggers." He opened the pouch, which contained some small swords within it. "This will be enough. We are all very powerful wizards anyway, so we're all set!"

I pulled on my sweater before we left. It was towards the end of winter, but it was still chilly. "Okay, let's go!"

***

We arrived at Galuna an hour later. We had once again, taken that dumb, rocky boat that seemed to be trying to throw us off into the ocean. I glared at the captain as we departed, stepping off on to the shore and heading for the village in the center of the island.

"I assume we can just go looking for the worms." I shrugged, walking into the bushes. I saw Storm and Camilla nod, and they departed. Or, one of them did.

I spun around and glared at Storm. "Can you leave?" I snapped.

He held his dagger pouch. "I need to protect you, so no."

"Last time I checked, I was stronger than you. You go and protect yourself, please!" I shouted, and I ran off. I steadied my hands, which were shaking vigorously.

My eyes drifted around the bushes, and I spotted a Fidi worm, which was still in it's small form. I got you now... I said to myself. You won't get me this time. I shall be victorious.

The small creature was still sluggy looking, and it had three or four small eyes with cat-like pupils. The ground that surrounded it was covered in slime. Disgusting.

I inched closer, careful not to get too close. "Star Dragon, roar!" I mumbled, so it wouldn't hear me. But a blast of stars just as powerful as usual blasted it, and it exploded, slime going everywhere. At least it was dead, but... gross!

"I can see why they want to get rid of these things." I muttered, wiping the grime from my arms. "Gross." And began hunting for more of the disgusting worms.

About an hour later, I had managed to kill about eight. I met up with Storm and Camilla in the center of the 'forest', to see how they had done.

Storm sighed. "I killed five."

"Eight." I said.

"Twenty seven." Camilla said blankly, hands on her hips.

"How the hell!?" Storm and I shouted in unison.

Camilla snickered. "It was easy. You just sneak up on them from behind and smash them. And if they are fully grown, you use your feet and step on them. They are simple creatures, if you watch out for their side effects they cause. Nashi, you should have done some research on how to kill them."

My face flushed, both in anger and embarrassment. "Wha-- Camilla! Give me a break!"

"You're just weak, that's all."

I snapped. Why the hell was everyone acting so weird towards me? What the hell did I do!? I was sick of this, I was sick of them. What did I do!? I turned to Camilla; steam seemed to be coming out of my ears. "What is your problem? Both of you! Recently you two have been treating me like I'm a damn pariah. What did I ever do to you, that wasn't meant as payback? I'm never the one to start things like this! Just tell me what's going on!"

They both seemed shocked. Storm looked at me with a blank blue gaze, and Camilla avoided my eyes entirely, pretending to be picking her fingernails. I held in tears of fury, looking away from both of them. "Fine. Well you can just consider your team to be a duo now; I'm out."

With that, I walked away, headed for the boat on Galuna's shore. We had finished our last mission together as a team. I'm sure I could tag along with someone else's group. Maybe the Redfox twins would accept me. I guess I was desperate.

"Nashi! Nashima Dragneel!"

A boy called out my name. It disgusted me. He was trying to re-enact the entire moment at the party we had, I could tell. He called me out in the exact same way back then. Maybe he was hoping for a better ending this time. No. He didn't deserve one.

A hand grabbed my wrist, and I scowled, lifting up my other hand. Storm expected a different ending; maybe this one would suffice...

I didn't even flinch as my fist collided with his jaw. Yanking my wrist from his grasp. This entire thing was so dramatic, I understood. But I walked off anyway, secretly regretting the punch; it hurt my fist.

I got into the boat. "Back to Magnolia, please." I requested to the Captain.

He nodded shortly as he began to sail back. I would find a new team in the end. I knew I would.

It couldn't be that hard.