The Job

"Nashi!" I heard a voice from behind me. It was Neva, Grey's daughter, running towards me with a smile.

"Hey, Neva!" I grinned. "What's up?"

Neva pointed behind me, where Storm was walking over. He waved, and Neva stared up at me. "I want to go on a mission! But Storm won't let me!! Nashi tell him to take me with him!"

I just shrugged. "I haven't even been on a mission yet. It's not like I can help you with that."

Neva pouted, and tugged on her brother's arm. "Please? Pretty pretty please?"

Storm shook his head. "Nope, sorry. Mom would kill us if I you got hurt." He looked over to a woman in a faux fur coat, who had short blue hair and a fuzzy hat. She smiled, and turned back to talking to a white-haired woman.

"Oh, so that's Juvia!" I remembered Grey mentioning her name.

"But Nashima, how about..." I giggled as I noticed blush on Storm's face. "you come with me?"

I felt awkward, especially under the pouty gaze of Neva resting on me. I caught a pair of eyes from behind Storm, which were my mother's. She nodded, and mouthed the words, 'Go for it,'.

Sighing, I looked up at Storm. He was a couple inches taller than me, and about two feet higher than Neva.

"Okay," I smiled, ignoring the sad look from Neva, and followed Storm to the job board.

"So," He sighed, staring intently at the board, which was littered with papers listing jobs. "What job do you want to take?"

I stared, my mind out of focus in the excitement and nervousness of being officially part of Fairy Tail.

"Why are you asking me?" I looked up at him.

"Because, Nashima, aren't you going to be on my team?"

I blushed. "Um... if you insist, I guess... I can." I grinned awkwardly, and Storm gave me a smile. "What job looks interesting to you?"

I looked through all the sheets of paper on the bulletin. After looking through many papers, I gave up. "Storm, you find anything interesting?" He didn't answer for a moment. Storm pulled out a piece of paper, small, but serious looking.

"Some woman named Draeci wants us to find some sort of mirror." Storm read off the paper. "Well, that's an interesting name, and an even more interesting request. You want to take this one?"

I shrugged. "Sure. Maybe Neva should come, too."

"No, Mother says she's too young. I know someone..." Storm trailed. He ran off, leaving me standing there awkwardly.

"Uh... Storm?" I mumbled.

He came back a minute later, dragging a dark, purple-haired girl with him. She was fighting against Storm, screaming, "Let me go, you imbecile!" But Storm refused to release her arm.

"Nashi, this is Camilla." Storm introduced us. She didn't look at me, only angrily punched Storm in the arm. I waved to her, smiling, but she didn't return it. Wow. Camilla is a fierce one.

Storm sighed. "Camilla, we want to go on a job request. Come with us? Nashi is new here and she'd love it if you came."

"I never said that!" I blushed.

Camilla looked at me with squinted eyes, agitated. "Storm, I have work to do," She held her hand to her forehead, pinching her temples. I saw her guild mark on her forearm. She continued. "My mother wouldn't let me go anyway, I need to help her with chores around the hall."

"What are you, Mirajane?" Storm joked.

"Don't joke about Mirajane!" Camilla said sensitively. I wanted to ask her why she cared so much.

"Who's your mother, anyway?" I asked.

"It happens to be Erza Scarlet," Camilla stated boldly. She posed like a superhero.

I stared. "You're not much like her."

"She named me a name that means 'warrior', smart-ass!" She hissed.

I stepped back. I don't want to fight. "Okay, okay..." I mumbled.

Storm stepped between us. "Millie, please come with us? Just tell Erza that you are coming to help us!" Camilla considered that, and sighed, smiling.

"Yes, I suppose that will work, because someone needs to keep you two in line." She turned and walked away. Before she got to far, she looked back. "And don't call me Millie. That's too girly for my taste." She flipped her grape coloured hair.

I turned to Storm, feeling awkward. "Well, she's an interesting character."

"Oh, you'll love Millie once you get to know her." Storm patted my shoulder, and I blushed.

Camilla came running back over to us. "Good news! Mother said I could come along!"

Storm brought us both in by our shoulders. Camilla was at least an inch taller than I. "It's time to go on our mission. Welcome to the team, Nashi!" We walked boldly out the guild hall doors.