Finding Neva: Part II

"Why not?"

"Fay, you're an idiot."

Fay was standing face-to-face to the huge monkey lord of Naked Mummy. I knew this was Saru. But Fay just had to be the one to be 'bold', but in the end I think she was going to get herself killed. (Though I'm sure Elfman wouldn't care, saying she was acting quite like a 'man'. Sigh.

"That is not of you're concern, young child." Saru said, as if respecting her. "You are not of the guild, and it would be wise of you to not pry into our secrets. Naked Mummy has left you fairies alone, am I correct?"

Storm stepped forth. "No way are you going to act all innocent! Your guild has attacked ours on numerous occasions, you coward!" Great, now he was the bold one. I looked at Celia with a irritable look on my face. I wish our guild wasn't so up for fights. We should at least try to negotiate...

"Do not bite off more than you can chew," Saru said wisely, adjusting his ladder shades. "It would not be a good decision to take on an entire guild, let alone a powerful one. Consider."

Fay laughed flatly. "You're not a powerful guild. Your guild hall is located in a fricking desert, and you guys aren't even well known! You are nothing in comparison to Fairy Tail! We are the true power!"

And that's what sparked the flame.

It seemed like the whole of Naked Mummy charged forward, shooting bullets at random towards our group. Storm quickly made a shield of ice, but it shattered like glass as the bullets hit. Gun magic wasn't the strongest, no, but it was certainly powerful when an entire guild was using it at once.

We all ran behind a table and took cover. From next to me, I could hear Fay speaking some sort of demonic dialect; I couldn't detect any of the words she was saying. Her eyes lit up a dark violet, purple sparks floating around her head and her pigtails starting to levitate around her head.

"Citatus ab inferis daemones Fatales caelorum... pugna vincere hostem meus!" Fay chanted, as a beam of grape-purple light shot from her fingertips and she rose from behind the table, shooting down at least two dozen members of Naked Mummy. She fell back to the ground, landing on her hands and knees.

I assume it was Storm's turn, as he ran from behind our shelter and screamed, "Ice-make sword!" , running out and blocking some bullets with his blade. But it looked like he was struggling, and I bolted out and stood beside him.

"Star dragon, roar!" I used my signature power, and blasted Naked Mummy monkey men with my beam of starlight, but when I looked over at Storm... he was glaring at me. Glaring. What did I do?

He was staring at me with a cold look in his eyes, and that was not because he was an ice and snow mage. But he was distracted, and I didn't even know what was happening when he crumpled to the ground with a thump.

And then I understood, as a blossom of red bloomed from his abdomen. My head felt dizzy and my vision blurry, as I ran over to help him. I dragged him from the middle of the room, going back behind the table.

"Storm!" I sobbed. I hadn't sobbed much before; nothing in my life had really been worth crying about. "Please be okay..." I moved his unruly black hair from his forehead. The red grew across his white shirt and I felt absolutely helpless. Nobody was here to help us, and I couldn't do anything myself.

"Storm, please stay awake. You'll be fine soon...."

I could only hope my words weren't lies.