Hidden Powers

"So where do you think we should go?" I asked Storm.

He shrugged. "I don't know. You're the leader, Nashi."

I gasped. "Wha-- me? I haven't even been in Fairy Tail for more than a week!" It was true. It had only been five days I've been involved in the guild... surprisingly so much had happened since the day I joined. "You tell me."

Storm sighed dramatically. "Fine. I think we should go back to Dark Unicorn and question them."

"They won't take two teenagers seriously," I pointed out. "I'm fifteen, your sixteen, we're still children." I walked ahead of Storm, frustrated. My mind felt flustered and couldn't quite think properly. It was easier when Camilla was helping us, but we promised her we'd give her a break, and I am determined to keep this promise.

Storm ran up beside me. "Look, I know Camilla was practically our leader on this team. But c'mon, Nashi, you're the daughter of Natsu and Lucy. You can do this." And then my rage that I had held in all morning came out on him.

"I am not Natsu or Lucy, okay!?" I shouted at him. His expression when blank. "I am my own person who is not chosen by either of them. I haven't even found my magic yet... so you need to go easy on me, okay? Please? I beg of you."

The dark haired boy looked down at me. "Sorry. I'll be easier on you." Storm put his hand on my shoulder. "Promise."

I blushed. "T-Thank you..." I awkwardly shook him off. "So! Yeah, let's go back to Dark Unicorn!" I sighed. "We can just see how questioning goes and things like that... heh..." I walked ahead of him again.

We reached the guild hall again. It felt like we were going in circles, which we probably were between the guild and Dark Unicorn, we were getting nowhere. I walked inside with Storm behind me.

I remembered a name as a little girl with amber pigtails ran up to me. Hideki. "It's you fools again! Where's Master Sayakawa!?" She demanded, punching my arm hard.

I flinched. "Hideki, we don't know where he is. Where is the Avidity Glass? We know you have it hidden here. Somewhere, it is in this Guild Hall."

Three members of Dark Unicorn came up behind Hideki. "Don't pry into what isn't your business." A member with forest green hair and eyes spoke down to me, cracking his knuckles. He must have been three feet taller than me; about eight feet. I didn't know how it was possible.

The other two, a wizard with a turquoise ponytail and another wizard who had no eyebrows and squinted eyes, snickered. "Why do you think we'd tell you, even if we did have it?" The woman with the turquoise hair boomed.

Storm stepped in front of me. "We were only trying to be civil," He said politely, but his jaw was clenched in silent anger. "We don't want to fight you."

"Obviously not," The bald man with no eyebrows snorted like a pig. "It would be two against two hundred."

"We are guilds!" The turquoise one glared at Storm. "We are meant to fight."

Storm sighed. "If you insist, I will fight you."

The tall, green-haired wizard chuckled. "What, your girlfriend won't fight? She's a pretty little one, isn't she?" He looked at me like I was a piece of food. I shuddered.

Trying to look tall, I walked up to him. "I will fight! I can beat all of you, even without Storm's help!" I felt a finger tap my shoulder, and saw Storm mouth the word, 'don't'. But I had to. I am not as weak as they think I am.

"Fine," The wizard said. "Give us all you got, and the boy will stay out of it."

I nodded, ignoring Storm as the three began to use their magic. And then I realized I had forgotten.. I didn't have magic yet. I didn't have anything to use against these three but combat... and that surely wouldn't work. I felt frozen as the tall wizard began to move up even higher into the air as the earth beneath him rose up.

The turquoise wizard used water magic, as I figured out when I got soaked in liquid. I attempted to punch her, but that was useless. There wasn't much I could do. The eyebrow-less man was a heat mage. Not fire, just the burning heat of the sun and light (which must have been hard for him being that light magic was rare in a dark guild).

They surrounded me, and I felt so inferior. I shrunk down as small as I could. I looked to Storm for help, but someone in the crowd had pinned him to the wall with a spell. As I closed my eyes, I saw something. A vision.. almost.

I was standing in the guild hall of Fairy Tail, but I was small. Everyone was hundreds of feet above me, and I was hidden on the ground, unable to be seen. Everyone was praising my mother and father and Storm and Camilla... and I was unseen by everyone. And then something happened to the vision. I rose up, growing taller and taller, and soon, everyone was praising me. My mom and dad were looking at me with pride, Storm and Camilla were at my sides, and our arms were linked as a team.

And that's when I realized the mirror didn't exist. I opened my eyes, looking at the angry wizards, and felt myself levitating as if I was pure air itself. I lost control of my own body. Suddenly...

"Star Dragon, roar!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. A burst of celestial energy erupted from me, blasting the three wizards back with a force I did not know I possessed. I saw Storm looking at me with wide eyes as I fell back to the ground.

All the wizards were stunned. I laughed happily. "Forget about the mirror," I said to Storm, who's spell had worn off as I beat the wizards. "Let's go."

Once we got outside, Storm bombarded me with questions. "What the hell was that? You're a Celestial Dragon Slayer? How is that even possible? Do your parent's know? Why did we leave without the Avidity Glass?"

I tried answering best I could. "One, I don't know. Two, apparently so. Three, ask my parents. Four, no. Five..." I looked up at him and smiled. "The Avidity Glass doesn't exist."

"What?" Storm said in disbelief.

"Yeah, it doesn't. The Avidity Glass is just that feeling of wanting something so badly... and the pain of not getting it. And I saw what I desired. Forget about Draeci's request. We can pick a different one soon. But we need to go home."

Storm simply shrugged at my bluntness, but he was still confused. But I... I was elated. I had powers!

I was Nashima Dragneel, Celestial Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail.