"NO. Get out Martin! I'll come when I'm good and ready." I point towards the door and he hurries out.

I glare at my mate once the door is firmly shut. He's still sitting, eyes darker from being deceived.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" His face twists with confusion.

"There's no way you didn't smell her arousal, Mr. Strong and powerful Alpha." I sneer.

His nose crinkles. "I didn't smell a thing." He seems taken aback.

I can tell he's telling the truth, which in turn confused me. Sneaky little bitch, what is she playing at. I sit on his lap, stuffing my face with two of the three sandwiches, leaving him one, much to his amusement.

"I need to go." My voice drops.

"I'll see you tonight love, I have a lot to do today too." Riley stands taking me with him.

Setting me on my feet he send me off with a playful slap on the behind, which I reply with a flirtatious glance over my shoulder. He makes me feel so alive, so playful.

I head outside, finding Martin standing towards the trees, glaring into them.

"What's wrong?" I ask but I already feel the negative energy. "Wh-what is that? I feel... I'm not sure."

"The battle is soon. You feel the darkness. They're almost ready." He keeps his eyes locked on the trees.

I shake off the coldness. "Well then we'd be get training. We need to expand what I can do."

He turns toward me, face completely serious. "Don't you get it. You're already completely expanded with your powers. I'm only here to help you with control really. Emily, you may not be able to feel it, but you're the most powerful creature on this earth. You can do anything you set your mind to." He places his hand meaningfully on my shoulder. "But you can train more tonight by yourself if you want. I need to go to the counsel, they need to know about all of this. I have a feeling Damien recruited my sister and her friends. It's much more than a battle. It's a war." With a grave smile he pats my shoulder and walks away.

I stand still for a few moments, taking it all in. I can do anything, then I have to figure everything out. On my own. The feeling inside me takes me upstairs to John, I knock only softly before entering. John is awake, but still, obviously in pain.

"Ah, Luna. What's the occasion?" He strains.

"Hush now." In a daze I walk to his bed sitting beside him.

His face scrunches in pain, I feel the silver that runs through his veins, I feel his pain. I feel him holding on for his son, for his wife, for his pack. I stroke his bearded chin, amazed at the similarities between him and Riley. His life force is almost empty, and I know why I was guided up here. He's going to die tonight if I don't do something.

"Get my son for me please. I need to say goodbye." He rasps, a tear falling down his face.

My all being zooms in on his, all strain leaves my body, I'm completely relaxed. The words fall from my lips.

"Invoco te virtutem ! Dicam, non quaero , iubeo. Nisi hic Alpha. Qui bonus est . Erueret illum. Munda corpore toxica eum torturi erant. Liberans eum Liberans eum." My frustration sets in as nothing happens, the man loses his energy.

"No! No! This has to work! John, please, you can't, not now, he needs you!" I clutch the still body in my arms, barely noticing Candice and Riley busting through the door.

Tears fall from my face, I bow my head over his face, knowing that I didn't just fail him, but I failed Riley. The tears fall on his face, and I hear Candice crying in the distance.