Chapter 3: U/Cartoons and Cereal

It was the party that got his mixtape out. Soon Kendrick had less and less time for Erika and more time for working. Three years had passed since the death of her brother. At his funeral she met her long lost brother Eric. They built up a friendship and he was now the most important person to her.
They sat in a recording studio together and talked about random things.
"You're right. You aren't complicated but loving you is." Erika said as her brother Eric sat next to her.
"What so we gon argue about how complicated I am? How confusing I am?" Kendrick asked and she sighed.
"No we ain't." She said and all of a sudden, five police officers busted in. They grabbed Eric and she jumped back into Kendrick arms.
"What the hell!" She screamed.
"Eric Dullsine, you're under arrest for the robbery and murder of Samantha Davison." She watched as they pulled her brother out of the studio and she looked at Kendrick. He looked away and put his headphones back on. She snatched them off his head.
"Are you serious?" She asked.
"What the fuck you want me to do?" He yelled and she put her hands up and shook her head.
"Kendrick, you make a little money and think you're the shit. Call me when you get a grip." She said and walked out. He shook his head and put the headphones back on.
4 Days Later
Kendrick entered Erika and her aunties' condo. He could only think of how shitty it was. How when he got a little more money he'd get her out. How could he leave his girlfriend in this mess? She was laying on her couch in shorts and a tank top.
"Hey." He said. She looked up and smiled. He hugged her as she placed her hands on his face. They embraced and she laughed.
"I missed you." She said and he nodded.
"I miss you too." He said and they ate some food before having a few drinks. Her auntie was at her boyfriend's house and although Erika had class in the morning Kendrick was more important. She drank a lot that night, he looked at her concerned.
"I love you." She said and he smiled. She fell on his lap and giggled. They walked to her room and they laid on the bed. Kendrick sighed putting his fingers through her hair. She was limp and horny.
"Kendrick please. I haven't seen you in a few days." She said and he grabbed her hand and squeezed it. He kissed her chest and then hugged her.
"No." He said and she sighed.
"I need to talk to you." She said. She held his hand and they walked out on to the patio. She drank some of the whiskey again and stumbled into the chair.
"Babe, you should stop." Kendrick said and she sighed.
"You got me fucked up."
"What?"
"You have me fucked up, you've been gone from my life off and on for these past three years. Yet I'm still stuck here."
"The world needs to hear my voice, I need people to hear me so I could get out of Compton."
"The world don't need you, don't let your so called fans deceive you! I thought money would change you, made you more complacent. You couldn't be happy with what you were getting, local attention. You left me here, I-I fuckin' hate you, I hope you embrace it. Put me in your next song just remember, I'm gonna tell you now, you failure you ain't no leader." She said and slammed the bottle of liquor and watched it break. She stood up and he grabbed her arm and pulled her down.
"Erika, I'm going to act like you didn't say that. You know I was always coming back for you. I love you. You're drunk." Kendrick said.
"You say you love me, I know you don't mean it." She started crying and he held her into his chest.
"Please stop baby. I love you. What you want, a house, a car, a piano, a guitar? What do you want?"
"You ain't no brother, you ain't no disciple, you ain't no friend!" She screamed into his chest before swinging at him. He moved back and looked at her in shock,"A friend never leave Compton for profit, or leave his best friend, Kendrick! My brother is dead, Man and my other one is in jail you couldn't find time in your busy schedule to come visit him in jail." She screamed and he felt the tears pour down his face.
"Get the fuck out my face! You don't know what it's like out there for me. Being by myself, leaving all the friends here to go to jail or die. You don't know!" He yelled at her and she laughed.
"I don't know? My big brother died, my other brother is in jail for- for a robbery he didn't do, my sister is a ho. You ain't try to come back for me! So yeah, I place blame when you still place shame when you still! I know your secrets nigga. I know depression is restin' on your heart for two reasons nigga. So don't you talk to me about not knowing. I cry myself to sleep, everything is your fault." She collapsed and he approached her, she mumbled one last thing before completely giving up,"I'm fucked up, but I'm not as fucked up as you." She said not knowing how much she hurt him. He kissed her and when she calmed and they started talking. Actual talking.
"When you know, we been hurt, been down before, when my pride was low, you saved me. Reasonably, we hate Popo, it's like they wanna kill us dead in the street. We're gonna be alright. But why did you just go off on me like that?" He asked and she rubbed her hands through his hair. She didn't give him a answer so he stood up and she grabbed him.
"I think I drank too much and my true feelings spilled out like vomit. Kendrick, all I wanted to do was run and I was robbed of that opportunity because you had promised me a dream that you knew wasn't going to become real. Or that you thought you could give me but you couldn't."
"I can." He argued back.
"Maybe it's just the idea that I could make it out. Maybe it's the feeling I got when you came back. All I know is that I have nothing about me that's famous worthy. I work at a corner store, K. I'm never going to save enough money to get out without riding on your coattails and that's one thing I refuse to do." Erika said as they sat on the patio, breathing heavily. He rubbed her back and stood up starting to say something. But he stopped. She looked up at him and he passed her a note before hugging her and leaving in his Honda. She walked outside before collapsing on the first stair.
Kendrick cried as he was pulling off, Erika cried watching him.
"Come back." She choked out before he got to the stop sign like he'd be able to hear her. But he did stop. He turned around and she looked up in time to see him coming back. She dropped her head as he approached and then  he got closer, he lifted it up for her. He kissed her and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist and they entered the apartment. She tried to pull away but he deepened the kiss. He pushed her up and then caught her by the ass with his arm. He kissed her and they fell into her bed. He moved to breathe and then kissed her again. She moved to take off her shirt and he stopped her. They spent the night wrapped up in each other.
-/-
They awoke the next morning to Auntie Jadense knocking on her door.
She looked at Kendrick and he kissed her. He pulled on his pants and shirt before sitting back down. Erika pulled on a sweatshirt and shorts and then walked to the door.
"Auntie." She said and Jadense came back and smiled.
"Kendrick here?" Jadense asked and Erika nodded.
"Yeah he's here. I don't know how long though." She said and Jadense nodded.
"I was going to tell you to go to the store to pick up some Fruity Pebbles."
"Sure." Erika said and looked at her watch. It was only 6:50. So the morning cartoons would be coming on shortly.
-/-
Kendrick and Erika walked through the aisle and Erika went to grab Raisin Brand. Kendrick looked at her and popped her hand.
"What the f-"
"Now Erika Demetra Dullsine. I'm going to fight you. You know I don't mess with that healthy shit."
"Clearly, you wanted to fuck Sherane." He picked her up and punched her in the booty as they walked to the sugary cereal.
She kissed him and he smiled.
"I love you so much." She said and he put her down. He grabbed her hands and they chuckled.
-/-
7:30
They sat on the couch with their bowls, while watching cartoons. They held onto each other and enjoyed the moment. She pulled the letter out her pocket and looked at it.
"Erika,
I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You have become more than just my best friend but now you're my girl. I just wanted you to know how beautiful you are and how proud I am of you. I also want you to truly be mine. So will you marry me?" She looked up at him and he was looking at her.
"Yes." She said and he smiled.

She Needs Me (Kendrick Lamar Fan Fic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara