I groan and look down at my hands; they were thankfully cuffed in the front, my legs bound with rope. My skin was rubbed red and stung as the metal made contact with my skin once more. 

"Why use silver?" I ask. 

He snorts and rolls his eyes at my stupidity. "You could easily break through rope."  

"Why am I here?" I whisper, "How did you do it?" 

He grins from ear to ear at my words but he doesn't say anything to me. Instead he gets up and leaves the room. I glare at the door when I hear the lock click. Sitting up from the little cot that they had placed on the floor I kick my feet, using all the strength I could, a moment later the rope snaps off leaving my skin a little red from the rubbing. 

There were no windows in the little black jail house leaving me no way to see what time of day it was. I had no idea how long I was out for, hours or even days. By the rumbling of my stomach I would say it was morning now but that was a pretty high guess. There were no clocks on the walls either and I didn't like that.  

Preston must be freaking out right now. Oh no! Preston. How could I be so stupid? I always laughed at the girls in books and in movies that went to the bad guy. I told myself I would never be that idiotic girl that ran to the bad guy and then get killed later on. Looks like that went through the window, I guess it's just different when it really happens to you in real life. Things like that should only happen in movies. 

My worry over what Preston must be feelings makes me realize that I couldn't feel him though the bond. It was like it was closed off. Confused I search my brain for his presence but find none. Getting worried at not feeling him or hearing him I try to reach out to him. 

Preston- I cry out in pain as I try to communicate with him. A sharp pain shoots through my head, causing the throbbing in my temples to increase. 

"Oh I'm sorry dear; my little human slave must have forgotten to mention that you can't communicate to your dear mate." Max's voice says behind me. 

I freeze at the sound of his voice, my breathing coming in shallowly as my heart beat increases. I've gone ten years without hearing or seeing him. All the pain he caused us and mostly my sisters rushed back to me, reminding me just how sadistic he is. 

"Max... or do you go by Manson now?" I say between clench teeth. 

He chuckles darkly as he walks up to me, making me back up against the wall. 

"So you finally figured everything out. That's too bad; he's been hoping to surprise you." Max says grabbing a key and opening the door. I eye it but he was too quick he was in and the door locked a moment later. He walks up to me stopping when he's inches from me. His chest at eye level to me. 

"Well your little spy just couldn't keep his mouth shut whenever I was around." I say turning my head to I didn't have to look at him. "But I didn't make the connection until I came across a photo of you with your last name... and after finding out about my father."  

He chuckles once more, his breathing blowing across my skin. "You were always too smart." He says dragging a hand up my arm, on my shoulder until resting on my neck, missing my mark and cupping my chin. 

He forces my face up so I have to look up at him. My eyes harden as I look at his familiar face, haggard and scruffy. Looks like he still didn't figure out that beards are lame. Only the duck dynasty family can pull that off. Though his beard isn't as long, just a shadowing of five o clock. 

"Where is my mother?" I ask hard. 

"Oh she has been taken care of, don't worry too much." He says making me grit my teeth hard.