Chapter Six

I'm literally so happy with the amount of reads and votes this has gotten so far. Every comment/vote makes my day *wink wink* Anyways, I just want to say thank you to everyone for voting, commenting and even just reading.

Also, I've come up with a playlist for this book, so I was wondering if you guys would want to know it? Like, would any of you listen? I'll write it out and add it in here, if you would. :)

And now, what you've actually been waiting for, here's chapter six.

~~~~~~~~~~

Rey's head hurt like hell. She could blame it on her lack of sleep, but she had been overthinking everything for the last few days. She hadn't seen Ben in two days and she felt like something was wrong with her. He was all she could think about. She wanted to see him but she had to think about how he was feeling. Now, he knew that she liked him. It was something she had known all along, she just had never admitted it. She always dismissed it as leftover feeling for Han. Han had been like a father to her and now she was trying to save his son.

She laid down to try and take a nap, but failed. Rey just couldn't get to sleep. She sighed and smashed her face against a pillow.

Closing her eyes, she made a desperate attempt at sleep again. She was hoping that her weariness would get the best of her and she would get some sleep, but her mind wandered over to Ben. She still had Finn's card.

She sat up quickly and groaned. The quick movement made her head pound even more. Rey took a big gulp of air and stood up. She was going to see him.

Rey passed through the camp quietly. Her scavenger instincts had never really gone away. They made good Jedi skills too, as she had learned. It also helped her go unnoticed through camp. Well, unnoticed by Finn. He still got furious whenever she tried to go see Ben.

Nobody stopped her as she approached the shack she had become so accustomed to seeing. She got in like she always did and the guard left.

"Rey," he breathed. "You're here."

He looked worried. Worse than last time, too. He now had a full-on beard his eyes had lost their shine.

"Of course," Rey snarled. She had to put on an act. She couldn't let her feelings get in the way this time. She had to interrogate him. She couldn't let him think that he had the upper-hand. To him, this was all joke. "I haven't gotten the information."

Ben sensed her cold attitude. "Oh," he grimaced. "We both know that that won't happen. We should end this now, if that's all you wanted to talk about." It wasn't all either of them wanted to talk about.

"It is all I want to talk about," she hesitated. "Kylo."

This time, he was certain. She had given up on him, like everyone else had. He didn't know why, but it hurt. He shouldn't care what she thought of him. He was Kylo Ren, for crying out loud. He was one of the most powerful people in the galaxy. A silly girl shouldn't stop him.

"Oh, good." He lied. "You've finally realized that Ben Solo is dead. Thank you, scavenger." Ben Solo was dead, he repeated in his head. He couldn't be good. He had no incentive to be good now. The good, while it might make him happier, couldn't give him what he wanted. He wanted power.

Rey scowled. "I have only realized one thing."

"And that is?"

Rey took a few steps forward. "You manipulated me through this entire thing. You don't care about me, you don't care about anyone but yourself," the words hurt her to say, but she believed them.

The words hurt Ben, too. None of that was true. He cared about her deeply. It was a strange feeling, but he knew he did. "I haven't manipulated you once. Lied, maybe, but I didn't manipulate you at all. None of what you said was true." He couldn't bring himself to tell her that he cared about her.