Chapter 5

I'm really sorry I've been MIA for so long.
Also sorry if this is a short chapter I just wanted to get an update for ya
----------------------------------------------
(Y/N's POV)
I was so relieved as I went and sat down next to Harry at the Gryffindor table.

A few other kids were sorted before we were done and Dumbledore had risen to his feet with arms open wide and a beaming smile on his face.

"Welcome!" He shouted, causing the students to stop talking and look up at him, "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!" He sat back down and everyone clapped including me.

"Um, is he a bit— Mad?" Harry asked me with a raised eye brow.

"Mad? He's a genius! Best wizard in the world! But is he a bit mad? Yes." I answered as I took some rare steak that had just appeared on one of the plate in front of me.

Harry's jaw dropped for a second when he noticed the food that had suddenly appeared but he quickly shook it off and started eating.

-Time skip brought to you by Harold Saxon-

At last the desserts disappeared and Professor Dumbledore stood once more, causing the hall to fall silent.

"Ahem — just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledore's eyes flashed towards the Weasley twins.

"Also the third floor corridor is out of bounds to anyone who does not wish to die a painful death, with that statement I bid you all good night, first years will be directed to the common rooms by the House prefect." Dumbledore turned and took leave of the great hall.

People started standing from their tables and walking out of the great hall, I turned to Harry and Ron.

"What do you think of Hogwarts, Harry?" I asked as we stood from the table.

"This place is brilliant!" Harry exclaimed, green eyes wide.

"Well of course! Did you think a school for Witch's and Wizards would be boring?" I laughed, raising an eye-brow.

Harry, Ron, and I walked up the moving staircases, following Percy until we got to the picture of the fat lady.

"Now, all first years must listen to the password so you can get back in," Percy explained before turning to the fat lady, "Caput Draconis."

The fat lady sighed and her painting swung to the side to show a passage way.

Harry and Ron went ahead of me and I followed, when we got in the common room I gasped.

"Whoa! This place is so cool." I said with a large smile on my face,

"I know right, y/n." Harry looked around excitedly, I looked to see those two girls from the train, Hermione and  Kendall.

I walked over to them, letting Harry an Ron go do their own thing, "Hey girls." I greeted as I sat down in a chair next to them.

"Hiya y/n!" Kendall smiled brightly, Hermione just gave a small wave.

"Hey, how do you guys like the school so far?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

Hermione's eyes lit up when I mentioned school, "Oh it's wonderful, I've read so many books about Hogwarts but I never imagined it would be this nice!" She told us excitedly.

From there we went on telling stories about before we came to Hogwarts until we had to go up to the dormitories. Hermione insisted we go to bed as classes started tomarrow so gradually I fell asleep, thinking about what Hogwarts was going to be like for us.

~Tan-Eclipse