Chapter 10

*sigh* I was tagged, I knew this would happen at some point.

Alexzzllee
JJJungkookieee
Luna_ShadowWolf
EonianToska
LGBTQ_Boi
XXSpreadMyWingsXX
MangoKiwi
Broadwxy_
hannahpotter7
RoseMGottschalk
The_Big_Six_asks
Magic_Cloud
larkin-x-lionel
shaeanca224
SkadiLokison
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahh here we are November, the month where it starts to get cold and Hagrid defrosts the Quidditch brooms.

That's right, the Quidditch season had begun, in just a few days Harry would be playing against Slytherin and I would get to see my first Hogwarts Quidditch match. My father had been a keeper for the Hufflepuff team back in his day so he was making sure I kept him updated through letters.

Harry and Hermione were working on homework a lot together, she even had him reading Quidditch Through The Ages but Snape took it away after Harry had it outside and he made up some bogus rule about library books not being allowed outside. Personally I think he really is out to get us for some reason, maybe I'll ask dad if he knew Snape when he was in school.

Anyway, I was waiting upstairs with Ron and Hermione as Harry went down to get his book back from the professor, suddenly Harry joined us.

"Did you get it? Ron asked, then he saw Harry's startled face and asked instead, "What's the matter?"

In a low whisper Harry explained how he had seen Snape's mangled leg and how the teacher had been talking to Filch about something with three heads before he yelled at Harry to get out.

"Looks like you won't be getting your book back anytime soon." I muttered

"You know what this means?" Harry asked us breathlessly. "He tried to get past that three-headed dog at Halloween! That's where he was going when we saw him — he's after whatever it's guarding! And I'd bet my broomstick he let that troll in, to make a diversion!"

"Whoa whoa, when and where did you meet a three-headed dog?" I asked, very confused at this new plot development that I was not aware of.

"Right you weren't with us." Ron realized, he explained how they were almost caught in the third floor corridor but they hid in a locked room and found a giant three-headed guard dog standing on top of a trap door.

"Like Cerberus." I offered, they all looked at me with confused expressions, except Hermione, she understood she just looked annoyed that she had not already thought of that fact. "Oh you know, Cerberus, giant three-headed guard dog of Hades, defeated by Heracles, am I the only one who pays attention to Greek myths? Come on guys." I explained.

Hermione cleared her throat "Yes but Snape might not be very nice but he wouldn't try to steal something that Dumbledore was keeping safe"

"Honestly, Hermione, you think all teachers are saints or something." Ron snapped at her. "I'm with Harry. I wouldn't put anything past Snape. But what's he after? What's that dog thing guarding?"

None of us had an answer to that, so we went up to bed. Harry had a Quidditch match the next day so I for one wanted to be rested enough to cheer him on, so when we got upstairs I got on my pajamas quickly and laid down. Thinking of the questions Ron had asked, I fell asleep.