7: It Almost Was the Perfect Date

Hello love, it’s Louis. I’ve decided to just leave a voicemail because I’d rather talk than text and I have to make it quick due to work stuff. I’ll pick you up around 6-ish tonight. I wish I can see you much sooner but this is better than nothing! I thought that cute little café you seem to always go into would be great to eat at and I’ve planned something afterwards. I swear you’ll love it! I can’t wait to see you by then. Bye, darling.” Click.

            I couldn’t help but smile massively at the voicemail Louis decided to send me. It was to the point and really sweet. I can’t really believe it to be honest. I’ve seen him in magazines! He’s the goofy, party boy of the group. This is definitely a side of him I would love to see more of personally.

            I looked over at the digital alarm clock on the bed side table and saw it was about to be five o’clock. I better get ready for the date.

            Ha, date.

            I quickly took a shower and put on an outfit that I believed would be ok for the date. I also lightly curled my hair and put on some light makeup. I checked myself in the mirror and nodded. What I decided to wear was a white tank top under my black and white, skull cardigan with a blue skirt and black flats to complete it.  

{ http://www.polyvore.com/date_night/set?id=88597133}

            I heard a light tap on my door. “Come on in,” I yelled out for whoever’s outside the door to hear. Oh surprise, surprise. It was Dean with a beer bottle in his hand.

            Remember when I mentioned how he’s like a temporary Dad to me? He plays up the role really well. He tends to check on me practically every five minutes. “Whoa…” he said.

            I narrowed my eyes at him. “What is it, Dean?”

            “Sorry, you look nice. What’s going on?” he asked, gesturing to my clothing.

I glanced down at my outfit and then back at him. I sat down on my bed and sighed. “I’m going out on a date,” I told him bluntly. If I lied to him now, I’m sure he’d found out some other way later. There was no need to tell him anything else.

He choked on whatever he was drinking the moment I said that. And honestly, I laughed. I needed that. “You’re going on a date?! With who?... No hold on. I bet it’s with that Lewis fellow, isn’t it?”

“Whoa, slow down there, Green Eyes!” I interrupted him with a giggle. “Yes. Just one date. And his name is Louis. Not Lewis.”

“Really, a date? You do realize that one of your friends died yesterday, right? And now you’re going out and having fun like no one’s business?” He had to shoot an arrow through the heart, didn’t he? This date was a way to get things off of the bad things in the moment.

“Louis is going to be leaving soon,” I said calmly. “And I know. I barely knew Dylan but I’m still grieving. I would have liked it if you didn’t mention him.” I stood up and stared at Dean. “After this date, I’m probably going to take all my time to help those three. I don’t know how, but I will. And also help you with the demon, unless you got that taken care of?”

“We haven’t got any leads on where the demon is. Sorry. But we were able to get Gus and his boys arrested for killing that wolf boy…” Dean knew I needed a little bit of good news. This was my way of telling him that I’m going to go into the hunting business completely and he knows how much cr*p that really is. I know Sam told me I should live my life a little longer but I’m done with that. I want and need to help as much as I can into the business. “Ok. Have fun with the date ok. Be safe, use protection.”