4: Tough Talks and Fair Fun

I sat on my bed with my laptop on while I brushed my hair thoroughly. I gazed at the small screen intently as Pewdiepie attempted to play Slenderman, the Swedish man only on his first page. I laughed as he stupidly turned around and found Mister Slendy creeping behind him. He let out such a girly scream! It’s probably a lot shriller than mine. It’s so good to just lay back and watch my favorite Youtubers from time to time. But c’mon, let’s be honest. If I ever met Slenderman, I wouldn’t be half as scared as most of these players that attempt the game. There are far more terrifying creatures lurking in the night.

Knock, knock, knock!

I paused the YouTube video when I darted my eyes over to the closed bedroom door. “Come in!” I called out while straightening up on the bed. No need for any of the guys in this house to see my true sloppiness. Dean popped his head through the crack of the door once opening it. He gave me a little wave before fully entering my bedroom. “Hey Dean, what’s up?”

“Nothing,” Dean replied in that type of tone that I know of so well because he has used that on people before. I instantly caught onto his suspicious attitude. “Just want to talk about your hang out with your buddies.” This is so typical of Dean. He’s probably asking me because my dad told him to.

“Look, Green Eyes, nothing happened,” I huffed at him with a roll of my eyes. I don’t understand why he doesn’t seem to believe me. Does he not understand that I’m not a complete hormonal teenage girl?

“Ollie, you know you can tell me anything. I was like you once. I was young and free to do anything since I was a teenager. I wasn’t all about hunting.”

I gave him a once over. I wasn’t completely sure if I believed that statement entirely. I knew Dean can be such a party boy that likes his intake on alcohol and he’s not the “cleanest” I’ve ever met but he was strictly dedicated. How did I know this? I have a good memory of fresh out of high school Dean and his father coming around to our house years ago to accompany my dad on a hunt. So the statement he just told me was quite contradicting.

“Dean, I’m not like that,” I stated.

I can tell he felt my attitude towards that and held his hands up in defense. “I know you’re not.”

I eyed him longer. He’s not totally onboard, is he?

“D*mn Dean, you caught me!” I groaned, deciding to play dumb a bit. “I’ve been doing all these drugs, drinking all this alcohol, and sometimes screwing over my guy friends is my favorite hobby!” I don’t care I was being overdramatic but this was proving my point. “You might as well lock me in this room forever, Mother Gothel.” I held my wrist outs to him as if offering im to put cuffs on me.