Chapter 8

A/N

Back to Danny's pov

----------------------------

You know that feeling when you're half asleep and everything feels like a dream? As if you're in some virtual reality and your brain just doesn't feel like registering anything. That's how I felt at the moment. I didn't pay attention to anything, everything I heard went in one year and out the other. I didn't even try to concentrate or to think. At least not until I felt something warm and fluffy next to me. Usually I would panic, but like I said, half asleep. I slowly turned my head only to be met with a large, hairy creature. Screw being half asleep. I screamed at the top of my lungs and ran for dear life! That thing was so huge, King Kong would tremble in fear. Ok, maybe not. But you get my point. 

Just as I had gotten close enough to the door, it burst open inches away from hitting me. On the other side stood two quite frantic faces. Mason and Carter. I didn't wasted any time and ran into Carter's chest holding on as if my life were at stake. I could feel him tense up, but I didn't care. I refused to let go no matter how awkward and uncomfortable it became. 

"What's got you so freaked out?" Asks Mason as he looks around the room. Carter wraps his arms around my waist as he realizes that I won't stop shaking any time soon. 

"D-do-dog. Th-there's a giant do-dog." I stuttered. 

"I don't see anything." Says Carter. I slowly move my head from where it was buried in his chest to look around. Sure enough, the dog was still there. On the bed. Right in front of us.

"You're kidding, right? It's right in front of you." I stammered as I tried to get a closer look at it. It stayed calm and still on the bed without moving. It's blue eyes staring straight at me. I would have thought that it was dead or a plush toy, but the way its white fur moved up and down showed that it was alive and breathing. 

"Are you sure you're alright? You've been out for 4 days." Said Mason as he checked my forehead for fever. I had no words. Instead I just sunk back into Carter's chest, my eyes still on the blue-eyed animal. It was kind of comfortable, I had to admit. Mason and Carter, who stood at 6'4 (Around 1,93 cm) while I'm just 5'4 (Around 1,63 cm) tall. Carson still had his arms around me. The heat radiating from his body and the brothers' intoxicating smell was enough to put me back to a deep slumber. 'I wonder how long I'll sleep this time?' I thought. That's when the words Mason said finally sunk in. I had been out for 4 days. 4. Freaking. Days. Meaning I missed 4 days of school and the deadline for that English assignment. Knowing dad, he wouldn't let this slip by easily. And Coralline.... She would freaking have my head. Just as the fear from the dog-like creature passed, I was possessed by a different fear. The fear of being murdered, or worse.

Mason and Carter seemed to have noticed that because of what they said afterwards.

"You're sleeping with us tonight."