Don't Cry Your Heart Out: A Cody Simpson Love Story (12)

Cody swam up to the surface and pulled me out of the lake. Christian and Alli ran toward us.

"Oh my gosh! Cara, are you okay? We're so sorry!" She asked, helping me stand up from the now wet grass.

"Whoa, Cara, you cool?" Christian asked, the same amount of concern in his voice.

"I'm fine guys." I laughed, brushing off some mud from my shorts.

"I'm okay too, guys. Thanks for asking." Cody said sarcastically. He was still lying on the grass.

Alli and Christian walked up to him and helped him up.

"You alright, man?" Christian asked.

Cody smiled. "Yeah, I'm good."

"What happened here?" All four of us turned around to find Coach Davis. His face was red and I thought he was mad until I remembered his face was a natural, deep shade of pink.

"We accidentally fell inside the lake." Cody explained to Coach Davis, leaving out the Christian and Alli part.

Christian and Alli didn't mean for us to fall in, and we weren't going to rat them out.

"Oh. Why don't you go inside your Cabin and wash yourselves up? This Activity is almost done, anyway."

Cody and I nodded and followed Coach Davis up the hill and toward our Cabin.

"See you two lata!" Alli and Christian cried after us.

We turned around and waved at them.

Once Coach Davis made a left turn to return to the field where everyone else was, Cody and I awkwardly walked inside the small forest.

"Well that was refreshing." I said, trying to lighten up our conversation. If we even had one.

Cody chuckled. "Yeah."

We didn't say anything else after that. When we got inside our Cabin I took a shower first.

I realized my towel was hanging on a small rack beside Alli's bed. Shoot.

"Um, Cody?" I opened the door slightly.

"Yeah?" He called out from the main room.

"I left my towel next to Alli's bed. It's the pink and gray one." I yelled.

"Okay!" He called back. I heard footsteps making their way toward the bathroom door.

"Thank you." I reached my hand out.

"Oh no, I don't think I can reach you Cara." Cody joked. "You're gonna have to open the door a little wider than that."

"Cody Robert Simpson, if you don't give me my towel in the next five seconds, I'll--" He interrupted me. "You'll what?" I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Grr. 5. 4. 3." I paused and listened. He still wasn't moving. "2. 2 1/4. 2 and 50 cents.."

Cody reached his hand inside the bathroom with my towel. I grabbed it.

"Thanks, perv." I mumbled.

"Your welcome, beautiful."

I rolled my eyes playfully and closed the door. I changed into dark denim shorts, a white tank top, a black, oversized jacket that had no sleeves and had rhinestones, and white Converse.

I blow dryed my hair and curled it, pulling it into a side pony tail. My bangs were in a side clip. My hair looked wavy, and If I may say so myself, cute!

I opened the door and found Cody leaning on the wall with his towel. He looked half asleep.

"Do you take that long in the morning everyday?" He asked.