"I always thought Athena would be a cool mom. I guess you can't have everything in life." Cue dramatic sigh.

I jabbed him with my elbow. "Stop being sarcastic." I hissed.

"Jeez, that hurt!" He rubbed his ribs. "You have sharp elbows Hope."

Percy coughed. "Hate to interrupt this lover's quarrel," Listening to our protests, he put up his hands. "Believe me I know what they're like. I've fought with Annabeth enough times but we really need to find out who your parents are. I'm pretty sure you'll be claimed at the campfire, at the very latest, but it never hurts to guess." He started walking toward the cabins. "I'll get Annabeth and then we'll talk."

After he walked a safe distance away, I exploded. "The Prophecy of the Nine?! Kyle , the extra two people, it has to be us. There's no other explanation. We're screwed! I didn't actually think that we would be in the prophecy! I mean, what's the chance of that? But..."

"You're rambling." Kyle interrupted. "And we should do just like you said. Go with the flow. I think that's the best option we have right now. Annabeth's coming now so shut up."

I quickly smoothed my face into what I hoped was an innocent look and turned around to see Annabeth walking toward us. She looked just like her description in the books; blond hair, stormy grey eyes, and an unreadable expression.

"So, do you guys know if you have either a stepmom or a stepdad?" Her voice sounded brisk and even if I didn't know a thing about Annabeth Chase I would have known that she was a no-nonsense person.

Kyle shook his head. "I was adopted so I don't really know much about my birth parents." I stared at him with a surprised look on my face. He never told that to anybody; even I had to wait until sixth grade until he told me. He raised his head and looked at me. He probably saw my expression because his face positively screamed, Hey, anything as long as I find out who my godly parent is.

Annabeth nodded. "That makes things a bit harder but you'll get claimed. What about you Hope?" She turned to me.

"I don't know. If either of my parents aren't my real parents then they haven't bothered to tell me."

Annabeth took out her phone. "Then I suppose you'll have to ask. Just don't tell anyone I have a phone okay? The signals are really bad for us Demigods."

"All right." I took the phone and dialed my mom's number. To be honest, I was excited and a little bit scared. I always thought that I had the perfect family. I knew that my parents loved me but this phone call would destroy everything I thought I knew about them. I put the phone to my ear, trying to calm down.

"Hello?" My mom's voice sounded frantic.

"Hi Mom. It's me, Hope." I got that far before my mom started screaming in my ear.

"Hope! Where are you? I got a phone call from your school saying that you ran away with Kyle and an unknown boy in a cab! Is that true? Whose phone are you using? Do you know how worried I was? Are you alright?"

I smiled. And Kyle wonders where I got the rambling gene. "Mom, I'm fine. I called because I have an important question."

"What is it, sweetheart?"

"Are you my real mom? Or is Dad my real dad?" Silence on the other end. "Mom I need to know."

When she finally spoke, she seemed to have aged a hundred years. "It was a mistake dearie. I was infatuated with your father and I thought that he felt the same with me. I guess I was wrong. He left us. He knew I was pregnant and he left us with a note saying 'I'm sorry. Please forgive me. You wouldn't understand.' That's when I married Rick. I was going to tell you Hope just I couldn't find the right time."

"Yeah okay. I got it. And I'm somewhere safe so you don't need to worry. I'll come back home soon; I just need some time to think." I hung up and handed the phone back to Annabeth who was watching me with sympathetic eyes. "It's my dad who's the god. And by the looks of it, he never told my mom the truth." My voice sounded bitter, which surprised even me. I thought I would be happy when I knew the truth but in reality, I felt a bit annoyed at my dad, whoever he was.

"Most of the gods don't tell, Hope. Whoever your dad is, he probably wanted to protect your mom. The women who know that they were with gods don't really end up well." Annabeth's sounded like she was trying to be comforting but she didn't really know what to say. After a pause, she asked, "Do you guys have any special talents? Like plants or archery or stealing?"

Both of us started thinking. "Not really," I start saying. "Wait, Kyle you're in the varsity basketball team right?"

"You can't seriously be thinking..." Kyle trailed off. "Well then, what about you? Captain of the varsity swimming team, Hello?"

"Well that's impossible. I'm just good at swimming. I think I would know if I was a kid of Poseidon, thank you very..." I trailed off. Everybody was staring at me. Well staring above my head. I looked up, already knowing what I would see. A sea green trident was winking above my head.

I saw Chiron walking slowly up to me. I knew what he was going to say. I had read this part often enough in the book. "It has been determined. Hail, Hope Foster, daughter of the sea god."

As for me? I fainted.

>>------------------------------------------------------------------->

LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHARE!!!!!!!!!!

KISSES

MEA