Chapter 9

Jordan and I whip around and bolt apart to see George standing there glowering at me.
"Th-that's not w-w-what I meant.." I stuttered.
"Oh really? Cause I'm pretty sure your exact words were, 'I'm tired of all you guys showing that you like me, I hate that you guys argue every time,' and that you don't want to be in the position to choose between us." George sneered. "And here you are, kissing yet another one of us."
"You can't blame him/her for liking all of us, or even having a hard time choosing between us. Cause after all, we are highly attractive men." Jordan smirked.
"Jordan.." I said and poked him in the ribs. "Maybe you should go inside."
He gave me an unsure glance.
"I'll be fine." I gave him a reassuring smile.
"Okay..." He said, still sounding unsure, "if you need me, I'll be in my room."
And with that, he kissed my forehead and left through the door. George's glare followed him 'till the door finally closed.
"If you didn't like me, you could have just said so, and not avoided it by giving me that speech."
"What makes you think I don't like you?" I asked.
I kept trying to hold eye contact with him, but it's kind of hard when it feels like the opposing persons' eyes feel like they're burning into your soul. So, I gave up fidgeting my hands and looked at the ground.
"Um let me think... What would make me feel like you don't like me?" He put a finger on his chin pretending to think for a moment. "Would it be the fact that you snapped at me when I basically told you that I like you? Or, could it be..... That every advance on you, you completely turn down?"
I looked at him surprised. "I'm sorry I snapped... I didn't mean to. As for the advances? When in the hell did that happen?"
"It doesn't matter anymore.." He sighed, pushing his fingers through his brown hair in frustration.
"Tell me. Please?" I pleaded.
"They weren't noticeable advances.." He admitted.
"Then why are you getting frustrated at me for that?" I asked confused.
He looked me in the eyes, then to the ground and scoffed his feet. Finally he looked back up at me. "Maybe because it's frustrating me that I can't get your attention like everyone else here can.."
George continued to squirm around, clearly he's really nervous for some strange reason.
"George. Relax." I said as I placed my hands on his shoulders, and rubbed my thumbs in circular motion on his collarbone. In a motion that will hopefully  settle him. Other wise I'd start getting uncomfortable as well, and it would just get awkward. And we don't want that.
This motion indeed seemed to have some positive effect. Now he's only fidgeting his fingers.
"Why are you so nervous..?"
"I've been rejected in a horrible way. I was afraid you would reject me as well..." He confessed in nothing more than a small whisper. He stared over the top of my head and looked everywhere but at my face.
I grabbed his face and tilted it down to look at mine. I stared deep into his blue eyes.
"I would NEVER reject you!" I whispered.
His eyes met mine and they were full of hope.
He lent over to my ear and whispered, sending chills down my back.
He moved his face back in front of mine. "So you wouldn't mind..." He looked down at my lips, then bit his lip and slowly raised his eyes back to mine, "...if I did this..."
He place one hand behind my head and one around my waist, then lent in and his soft lips gently met mine. My eyelids fluttered shut and I immediately melted into the kiss, softly moving my lips in sink with his.
The kiss soon ended, and then he lent his forehead on mine and searched my e/c eyes with his blue ones.
"Not at all..." I Breathed.
He then smiled and pulled me into a hug. I sank onto his chest, my legs no longer able to support me.
"I love you y/n.... I loved you since the day we saved you."
Blushing, I whispered back, "I love you too, George."
"So you finally made up eh?"
We turned around to see Jordan standing there with a smug look on his face. "You guys took so long that we had thought you'd killed each other, so I volunteered to check on ya."
"Haha no, we're all good now." I laughed.
"Yep." George agreed and smiled down at me. I grabbed his hand and held it, receiving a large grin in return.

"We've got something to tell you guys.."
A voice from the hallway outside the living room entered the dimly lit room, disrupted the heavy silence and static of the muted tv.
I looked up from my interlaced hands on my lap where I was sitting, which would be Georges lap, in the middle of the couch, with Jordan and Matt on either side of us, to see hand in hand, Danny and Jorel.
"Danny and I.. Are seeing each other.."
"Called it." George sounded bored.
Everyone each said their own thing, mostly jokingly making fun of them. Except for Dylan.
"What. The. Fuck."
All heads turned towards Dylan, and everything fell silent.
Now Dylan, he was a sore sight. He looked like five emotions ran through him at once, only three were readable; rage, disappointment, and finally... Sorrow...
I unwrapped Georges arms from my waist and ran up to the lazy boy he was happily lounging in only a few seconds ago. I knelt in front of him and grabbed his hands. Desperate to calm him down. I knew what that looked meant... Of course I should.. I've only felt it all my life. That's why I need to calm him. Before he bursts.
His face rapidly turning a darker red. That's when I realized he was holding his breathe.
I place my hand on his left cheek.
"Dylan.. Take a deep breathe, just breathe. One in, one out, and just keep doing that.
Hey guys..? Can you all go for a second?" I paused while still watching Dylan, "actually no, I'll take Dylan to his room and talk..."
"Uh.. Sure.." Said a confused Danny, while I was helping the now non responsive, but breathing, Dylan out of the chair.
When I finally got him to his feet and to the base of the stairs, I started the long painful haul up the stairs. "Don't follow me." I looked at Danny and Jorel, then to the rest. "That means all of you." I turned back, only to look towards the top of the stairs and let out a frustrated groan.
The things I do for people...
And started my long trek up the stairs.

"So. Mind 'spaining what all that down stairs was about? And why I had to carry you up here and drag you onto your own bed? When you're completely sober?" I asked, jumping on the bed beside him, and letting out a shaky relieved sigh as my tired, worn out body hit the bed.
But I was still out of breathe from the long hike up the stairs and the awkward fight to pull him haphazardly onto his bed.
"I'm getting the feeling you already know the answer to that. And I got you to carry me, since well, my body was immobile..."
I sighed. "That was mostly a rhetorical question. Like you said, I do know why. I don't know which one."
"Welp," He said while sitting up and leaning against the headboard, "that's a very complex scenario."
I gave a dry laugh as I sat up against the headboard as well and turned my face towards him.
"It can't be as complicated as my problem." I gestured towards where the living room would be.
"Oh but it could."
"Try me." I gave him a playful glare.
"As you believe, I like one of them, right?" He looked towards me and I gave a slow nod. "Wrong."
"Wait... So you like both of them?"
He nodded. "Yep. That's not all though.."
"What else would there be?" I asked, puzzled.
"I thiink... I might like you as well."
My stomach fell. Yet another... Isn't three more than enough? Now I'm gonna possibly have to juggle four around? How's that gonna work? Think about it.. One of them is gonna get jealous eventually... One is probably gonna get more attention than the others...
He studied my face for a few moments. "I'm not sure, I mean.. It could just be that I'm confused.."
I close my eyes and sigh, lost in thought trying to figure out how this will all work out in the end. Dylan places his hand on my shoulder and I flinch in surprise.
"Sorry you scared me." I breath quickly as I grab his hand and hold it there before he can pull away.
"Y/N...." he whispers.
I open my eyes and look at him. I notice a desperate look in his eyes and the next thing I know his lips are pressed against mine. At first my mind is blank then I begin to kiss him back, enjoying the soft but rough way he kisses me.
Just as quickly as it began he pulls away. I look at him confused, searching his eyes for an answer. Regret and relief mingle in his eyes before he closes them and sighs.
I feel my eyes begin to tear up, feeling as if I messed up once again and ruined something. I try to hold it in but a choked sob escapes me. Dylans eyelids fly open and he sees I'm on the verge of crying my eyes out. He pulls me into a hug and holds me against his chest.
"Y/N, dont cry." He whispers softly as he rubs my back and tries calm me. "You did nothing wrong, that was all me. I had to. Im sorry. I had to see if there was some spark to know for sure if I loved you. But I don't." At this I start bawling. "Not like that. I mean. I love you like a sibling. Your like the little brother/sister I never had."
I stare into his eyes for a second, "really?" I whisper through my thick throat.
"Yes." he says gently. "You're family, nothing more. Im sorry." He adds after a moments pause.
"For what?" I ask.
"For kissing you, for making you upset.... for not wanting you to be mine." He whispers the last part so I barely catch it. I grab his face in my hands and kiss his forehead.
"Its ok. I'm relieved honestly. All the others want me to be theirs but you don't. You want me to be your little brother/sister and it's huge relief to know I can rely on you for help without the romantic crap getting in the way." I say rapidly.
He laughs as I finish. And I feel my cheeks start to burn.
"I won't tell them about that." He says when he notices im blushing.
"Thanks." I say slowly calming down. "What about the other two?" I ask finally.
At this his smile disappears. "I dont know." He says, "maybe I'll talk to them. Maybe it can be the three of us." I hear the hope in his voice and nod.
"Do that." I say encouragingly.
He smiles again and hugs me, "thank you y/n."
"Your welcome."