Chapter 12

Today, I'm undergoing a huge change. Today, will be the first day to a new me.
It's not because of the guys or anything like that.
No.
It's because I NEED this change. It's the only way for me to escape my past..
I can't look at myself in the mirror without cringing in pain or fear.
George promised that today, he'd help me with all the expenses. I tried to deny.
Boy did I try..
But it so happens that he caught the way l looked at myself in the mirror and heard the nasty words that I muttered about myself.

"You're so disgusting. How can you live with yourself." I glared at the mirror. "Why are you so broken... Why do all the bad things have to happen to you?" I choked at the last sentence.
While I was on the verge of tears, I was unaware of the lingering presence in the doorway, standing there, watching me hate myself, while his heart tore a little.
I blindly grabbed for the pair of scissors that were conveniently hanging out on the edge of the sink.
Just as I grabbed a good chunk of my hair and was about to close the scissors over it, a rough hand gently rapped around my hand that held the scissors and carefully pulled my fingers away.
"You're going to hate yourself more if you do this, believe me." His breath and sad chuckle tickled my ear.
I turned around to face him, but avoided his eyes.
"But what if this is what I need?"

And that's how I ended up here. In this vehicle, along side George.
"Where to first?" Georges voice shocked me out of my trance.
I tore my eyes from the passenger window and stared blankly at him.
"You know, for clothes and stuff."
"Oh... Right.. I heard of this store called hot topic, is it any good?"