"I don't understand." There were sniffles into the phone. He knew she was starting to cry. "What am I doing wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Oh, please... stop saying that. I know it's a lie. There's obviously something. I keep getting the feeling that it's Zayn and I want you to tell me the truth."

"Truth about what?"

"You and him. I know you know something because last time I asked you, you avoided the question. Have you always known about his sexuality, or not?"

He leaned over the counter on one hand. "What? Why are you so worried about his true sexuality lately? And what kind of question is that anyway?"

"It's one you won't answer and that worries me." She cried a little bit harder. "Have you had a past relationship with him or has something happened between you two that you don't want me to know about?"

"No."

Are you lying?"

"No."

"Then why are you not seeing the things I'm seeing?! Why are you acting like it's not a big deal?! Anytime you leave, don't return until the next day and then come back smelling like he's been all over you, that scares the shit out of me! I don't think you understand just how much!"

Harry sighed, feeling very overwhelmed because of all the hollering and crying. For a moment, he even considered breaking up with her now, so that he could save them both the headaches and misery. But he wanted to do this the proper and respectful way. He wanted to sit down and talk about all the things that had been bothering her and he wanted to know how much of what Zayn said she said was true. So he changed his mind.

"Yvette." He said softly.

"What?"

"I know I don't talk enough, okay. I understand that. I also know that communication is very important and that I haven't been doing that lately. So I'm very sorry for that. But I do want to talk to you now."

"Go ahead, then."

"Except what I want to say, I want to say it face to face. That's how I prefer to talk to you. Do you think you could come over after you get back in town?"

She sniffled. But he could tell she was no longer crying. She had calmed down. "Of course, baby. Anything. Is Monday after work okay?"

"Sure. Late evening."

There was a pause. "Alright. I'll see you then. I'll miss you." She said and she sounded very hopeful.

Harry didn't really want to say that in return. So he quickly found a way to end the conversation. "Yeah, you better finish packing up. I'll see you on Monday.

She may or may not have detected the subject change. He couldn't tell. "Goodnight Harry."

"You too."

→→→→→

It was Thursday night. Music was playing, people were jabbering about nothing and the nonstop sound of clattering glasses, silverware and plates could be heard loud and clear. Zayn wasn't entirely sure what this was other than a simple little rendezvous. But he liked to call it a date. Because meeting up at a tiny nightclub at seven o'clock on the dot was everything far from simple and little. Especially now that they were sitting at the bar with drinks in front of them and their chairs against each other with not even an inch to maneuver any closer.

"So you don't think that's the most horrible tequila you've ever drank?" Zayn was asking. Because he had just drank from Harry's glass to try a brand of tequila he never had and found out he didn't like it. Zayn had had liquor that seemed to have a spice before. But not like this.