I told her that I thought they were in a relationship. She let out a chuckle.

"Oh, no. May boyfriend ako. I admit that sometimes they thought we are together. Pero hindi talaga, I don't see him as someone more than a friend."

"Are they close? Your boyfriend and Gelo?"

"Yep, he knows Gelo, but they aren't that close. He gets jealous about Gelo. Well, I can't argue with that. Pinapaintindi ko naman sa kanya na there isn't a slight chance that I will get to like Gelo. We are just friends."

I loved the way she talked. I could stare at her the whole day, watching her talk. Maybe her boyfriend was mesmerized by Aica's charm. I wouldn't deprive Aica the chance to be called the prettiest woman I knew.

"How about Gelo? Sure ka ba wala siyang gusto sa'yo?"

She smiled. "Yep, I know he doesn't like me. He said so himself."

Could it be possible for two friends not to fall for each other? Considering that they were man and woman. Their friendship wasn't common, and if they were always together there was a high chance that feelings would develop between them.

No one, not even I, could predict the future.

"He can deny it," I said, not into losing the possibility that he might like Aica.

"Why would he deny it? Alam mo Les, kilala ko na si Gelo. He wouldn't lie to me."

Aica was determined to convince that she was right.

"First boyfriend mo ba 'tong ngayon?" I asked.

She nodded, a hide on her face couldn't be concealed. "He's going to be my first and last."

"He's lucky to have you. Sana tumagal pa kayo, 'till forever," I told her.

She said her thanks and said that she was praying for it to happen.

"What's the book that you were reading?" she asked, starting a new subject.

Aica shared that she was a book lover. She loved to read and collect books. She even recommended authors that she had been following for their great works, like Mitch Albom and Paulo Coelho.

The book that I was reading was The Da Vinci Code. It would take me months to finish reading this book. One hundred and five chapters was a lot for me.

Monica and I were able to talk about some other books and authors while waiting for the class to start. She could read two books in just a day.

"Bukod sa bookworm ano pa pwede kong itawag sa'yo?" I asked, trying to make her laugh.

She knew a lot of authors more than I. John Green, Rainbow Rowell, and two other authors did ring a bell to me, and the rest of the authors she mentioned I need to do some research about them.

"Just call me Aica. They all call me Aica."

"Aica was derieved from?" I asked.

"I dunno," she shrugged. "Mom started calling me Aica when I was two. Maybe from Ica in Monica?"

I was checking my phone when Aica called out Gelo's name.

I looked up and saw the unfriendly face of Gelo. He looked at Aica and then scanned the room for possible seats he could take. He was still standing near the front door with his backpack in hand.

"Dito ka, sa tabi ni Leslie," Aica told him. He didn't look he was into the idea. "Hey, Gelo. Sit next to Leslie. Next to Les, Gelo. Hello?"

Aica mentioned my name until Gelo paid attention to her. Some of the students' attention were caught by Aica. Gelo was now looking at him. He didn't look creepy, but he was giving me the off vibes. He was giving off this aura that he wanted to disappear just so he could get out of Aica's sight.