chapter 3

CarrotFrost's stomach ached badly. but in a weird way. CarrotFrost had wanted to ignore it because they were going to the gathering. RainbowWhisker is probably busy. so she held her breath and headed to SnowPelt. the white pelted tom was pacing about waiting for her. when CarrotFrost finally came, he purred. "we are just about to leave, is everything alright?" CarrotFrost nodded then saw AmberPool. she was bouncing around like a hyper kit. it was her, and LeafCloud's first time to a gathering as warriors. then she heard WolfStar speaking. "we will head off, any other warriors staying in camp protect the queens and elders, if your coming with me then follow my lead." all the cats soon started to walk across towards the riverside near SilverClan. they passed over it and stayed close to the edge of SilverClans territory. surely they will be ok with us crossing... I mean as long as we are just going to fourtrees.... CarrotFrost thought. it had been only the 4th gathering she has went to and she was still not ok with the fact that they cross SilverClan's territory to get to fourtrees. a few heartbeats pass and they had almost made it. CarrotFrost was leaning against SnowPelt while walking. it was almost leafbare and it was a bit cold. then she smelt RainClan and SnowClan cats. they were close. she soon seen the giant stone were the leaders would stand. they were there. all the cats were chatty. AmberPool was talking to a she cat from RainClan. while ScarClan cats were play fighting and fooling around. but CarrotFrost just stayed with SnowPelt. who was actually not as scared as her. then she heard a large yowl from RunningStar, ScarClan's leader. everyone was silent. the other leaders glared at him. they were kind of annoyed on how RunningStar started the gatherings. WolfStar spoke first. "everything is ok with CoralClan, we have two new warriors, AmberPool and LeafCloud. and we also have new kits, ShadowKit, SwiftKit, and OrangeKit." all of the clans cheered for the new warriors and kits. FeatherStar spoke next "SilverClan is doing great. the prey is nice and plenty, and we have new warriors aswell, RobinBreeze, GoldFall, and AquaTail." she said with a calming voice. the clans cheered. as everyone was cheering. CarrotFros only purred. her stomach had still ached. she had decided to see RainbowWhisker after the gathering. but it was only just stating

When SkyStar had stepped up WolfStar tried not to growl. SkyStar ignored WolfStar's annoyance and spoke "SnowClan is doing fine, we have plenty of prey for our kits" SnowPelt growled slightly and whispered "of course they have plenty prey! its not just their prey! its CoralClan prey too" the other CoralClan cats were whispering to each other in annoyance too. FeatherStar had noticed the commotion. "is your clan alright WolfStar?" almost all the cats calmed down. FeatherStar was a very calm she cat, her clan was very kind and never gotten into battle since their last leader. WolfStar looked down to his clan. "yes, they had just gotten a bit concerned about something" FeatherStar nodded and looked at FoxStar. that she cat was very quiet and it was suprising. "FoxStar? is everything ok?" FoxStar nodded "very sorry for the quietness, anyways.. we have had a very good amount of prey but not very much, the fish have not been around our lake but we have been able to catch a few  birds aswell. they all nodded. then FoxStar looked at FeatherStar, "you don't suppose we could borrow some of the stream between both our territories did you?". gasps and growls could be heard from SilverClan. "now FoxStar, I have to disagree, there is no way I could give you some of our stream if there is nothing left for my clan in return". FoxStar growled a bit then calmed down. "very well FeatherStar, I will have to accept that decision". WolfStar sighed and finally spoke again. "we have been losing prey recently, more than we have lost before. the scents that we have smelt are not of our clan. I have smelt SnowClan cats near our hunting grounds. SkyStar, do you have any reply?" SkyStar stood there for a few seconds with his ears flattened, then replied "you must be mousebrained". WolfStar hissed. "then why does it smell so similar to your clan". SkyStar just hissed back. "i will not allow you to blame my clan of stealing" WolfStar hissed and turned around. he jumped down from the stone and through his group of warriors. "CoralClan, we must leave" CarrotFrost gasped. they have never left from a gathering early. the commotion her clan had made had scared her. on the way back CarrotFrost was silent. until they got back to camp. WolfStar had stepped to the high ledge to tell the others about the battle. but CarrotFrost ignored it and tried to find RainbowWhisker.

when CarrotFrost found her RainbowWhisker gasped. CarrotFrost didn't  like the sound of that. RainbowWhisker told CarrotFrost to lay down on some moss. then RainbowWhisker rubbed a bit of CarrotFrost's stomach. she was more plum and lazy than usual and then CarrotFrost had a bit of an idea. RainbowWhisker smiled brightly. CarrotFrost sat back up looking at ainbowWhisker and hen CarrotFrost gasped. she knew. RainbowWhisker then finally said exited. "your going to have kits CarrotFrost!" WolfStar then came in. "is everything ok?" RainbowWhisker nodded "CarrotFrost is going to have kits". WolfStar  gasped. "but its almost time for battle!.... CarrotFrost, you can come with us but please just stay with RainbowWhisker outside of their camp?" CarrotFrost was disappointed but nodded. then WolfStar looked at RainbowWhisker. "i will tell SnowPelt, and RainbowWhisker, please bring many herbs, this battle will last a while." CarrotFrost sighed, she was almost glad she didn't have to go. then she stood up and walked outside. SquirrelPool was outside purring. "I'm so exited! we have been planning this since we were apprenticed! SnowClan is going to regret stealing from us!" CarrotFrost nodded. her quirky sister was so happy to fight to almost death. it kind of gave CarrotFrost a weird thought that SquirrelPool would be very great of a warrior one day. but right now she was fairly not as great, but still brave." WolfStar yowled and they started to head out. CarrotFrost felt SnowPlet next to her. "i heard! you and me are going to have kits of our own!" CarrotFrost purred for SnowPelt. he must be super exited. CarrotFrost was exited too. even though she wasn't really sure when. they soon arrived past SnowClan's territory and next to their camp. CarrotFrost said goodbye to SnowPelt and they snuck over towards the camp. RainbowWhisker looked worried. CarrotFrost was worried too. what would SkyStar do to respond?