Chapter Seventeen: Thrill of the Chase (Joshua)

Riding a horse at full gallop was an exhilarating experience. I've never felt more alive before in my life. Moonlight charged across the field past the large white tent and over the fence as we entered the woods. I pulled on the reins as I looked back over my shoulder and saw Levi come up over the hill in slow motion on the back of a horse. I smirked. I had him right where I wanted.

I took off again as he got closer and rode down a trail as the sun lingered through the trees. If he was going to apologize, he was going to do it on my own terms. Across the bridge and over a stream, we came to a lakeside dock with a long piece of rope tied to a tree branch. I pulled on the reins and slid off the horse as Levi did the same and came over to me.

"Josh, I'm so sorry for the way I acted this morning. I never meant to hurt you."

"It's gonna take a lot more than I'm sorry to fix the issue."

He took me in his arms then as we stood on the dock. "What do I gotta do?"

"Well..." I grinned. "For starters you can strip out of those clothes and join me for a swim."

"Really?" he said in my ear. "What happens then?"

I didn't answer, and began taking off my clothes leaving only my underwear on as I dove into the lake. Cool, clean, refreshing, the water felt perfect against my skin as I resurfaced and saw a half-naked Levi struggling to get his jeans off as he hopped around the dock. I laughed.

"Boy, somebody's excited to go swimming."

The jeans came off in an instant as he tossed them on the ground and stepped to the edge of the dock. His leg muscles tensed as he dived into the air and cut through the water like a knife. I looked around when he didn't resurfaced and for a second I wondered if he couldn't swim. But then a hand grabbed me by the ankle as I sank below the surface. His lips met mine in a tender kiss as I opened my mouth and felt his tongue slip inside. Oh, God this was so hot. Making out underwater with very little air, who needs to breathe?

When we resurfaced, the kiss didn't end there. Levi wrapped my legs around him, swam to the dock and put his hand around a metal bar. I pulled away as I slowly gasped for air then moaned as Levi nibbled on my neck. Heat lingered in my veins as he grinded his hips to my ass, and his bulge rubbing against my thigh.

"Levi," I moaned. "What are we doing?"

"I'm going to show you just how sorry I am." He growled in my ear.

My body trembled at the thought of what he might do. He tightened his arm around the small of my back and lifted us out of the water and onto the dock. The sun lingered through the tops of the trees, our bodies glistening in the afternoon light. His kiss was addictive, his hands like magic as they traveled south and tugged at the waistband of my boxers. He was close. So close to touching me for the first time that I almost blacked out.

But something stopped him. I opened my eyes to see him hovering above me, a look of concern on his face. He got off and stood up as he turned his back to me and ran his finger through his hair. I did the same as I walked up to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I thought I could do it, but I can't."

"There's no need to be sorry."

"Yes there is. I'm not ready yet. The timing just isn't right."

"Are...Are you a virgin?"

"No, I am not a virgin. But you are and I want your first time to be special."

"I couldn't care less, Levi."

"Well, I do. Now, come on and let's get dressed. I have to be back at the barn and pretend like I'm working."

I laughed. "That's cute. Besides, we can't have my mother finding out that the handsome stable boy has been seeing her son for the past few days. Oh, but I would just love to see the look on her face when she finds out that you're gonna screw me."

"I don't screw. I have sex. Plain and simple."

"That remains to be seen, cowboy."

Author's Note: Hi guys, sorry this is so late. But I just wasn't feeling this chapter. I'm hoping the next one will be better.