Chapter Eleven: Surprise, Surprise! (Joshua)

Bored, tired and hungry, I kept counting the minutes until I could see Levi again. But unfortunately for my sister and me, Mom was in her one of moods. For the past two hours we've been trying on different suits and dresses. I found one that I liked as did Taylor but Mom wasn't impressed with either of them. Everything had to be perfect for this wedding right down to the last detail. I was about to call it quits when finally Mom called it a day.

"Alright guys, we'll try again tomorrow."

"No!" Taylor and I said in unison.

"Mom, look." I said as we exited the mall. "Why search for the perfect outfit when we're only going to be wearing them for a couple of hours."

"This is my dream wedding. Can't you just let me have my moment?"

I felt a headache coming on as I rubbed at my temples. We got in the car as I checked the time. 11:30AM. Levi would be at the house riding his big green tractor. I smiled at the thought and turned onto the main expressway. The drive home seemed to fly by, I don't even remember stopping for fast food. As I turned into the driveway, I could see Levi off in the distance. My heart began to pound in my chest just by looking at him.

"Wow." Mom said looking out the window. "Levi's been doing a great job. He sure is a godsend."

"Yeah he sure is." I muttered.

I pulled up in front of the house as we got out and walked up the steps. Inside, the house was a flourish of activity. Staff worked on getting the house ready for the rehearsal dinner on Friday. The wedding planner had her phone practically glued to her ear every time I saw her. I paid no mind to the lot of them and walked into the kitchen were a chef looked over the menu. I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy. Mom had planned a five course meal for that evening.

I kept my comments to myself and opened the fridge in hopes of finding something to bring out to Levi. Not much in the way of food or drinks for that matter. A six pack of beer sat in the back behind a half empty gallon of milk as I looked around and pulled out a bottle and unscrewed the top before sneaking out the back door. I leapt off the porch at a dead run and ran across the field as fast as my legs could carry me.

When I reached the barn, Levi was nowhere to be found. I called out his name but got no response. I peeked around the corner and saw something I should have not seen. Shirtless and sweaty to a fault, Levi braced himself against the side of the barn as the sun shined down on his body. I could see the muscles in his arms rippling as his back flexed with each movement that he made.

Raising his head in my direction, I quickly jumped back and prayed he didn't see me.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" He called out.

"Levi?"

"Oh, hey, Josh. Where are you?"

"I'm by the barn doors."

"Well, come over here. I want to talk to you."

I emerged from around the corner as Levi stood before me still not wearing a shirt. Oh, yes. His chest was nicely toned and well-muscled. As for the six pack abs those weren't bad either. A furry treasure trail lead the way down south to his junction box. And those damn sapphire eyes pulled me in like I was in trance. But I broke the connection before I did something embarrassing.

"Here. I got you a beer."

"Oh, thanks. So how are you?"

"I'm okay. Just mentally tired is all. Went shopping with my mom and sister today to try and find clothes for the wedding."

"And did you find anything you liked?"

"I did. But Mom didn't care for it. She says this wedding has to be perfect. The theme is...are you ready for this? Gone with the Wind."