Chapter Seven: More Enemies

"Mama look," Junior called running a head, a large smile on his face as Camelia and Jorge followed after him; this was so much nicer than when he had lived with his aunt and uncle at their farm. 

Pausing by the swimming pool, Junior grinned ducking down to feel the cool water and he couldn't wait to go swimming; he peeked back at his mother who was watching him closely. 

"We're not near the main house?" Camelia guessed peeking around, the villa was very beautiful and she was sure that it would be perfect for her and Junior; it also meant that there was less chance of her seeing Cristiano's wife. 

There was no way a meeting between them could end well and Camelia knew that she wouldn't blame the woman for hating her; she just wanted Cristiano to be there for their son. 

Jorge nodded his head, they weren't far from the main house no more than a five-minute walk from the main house; it would be their safe haven when Catalina found out. 

"He wants you both to be comfortable here," Jorge mused watching the little boy, Junior was going to be a very sore point with Catalina and he doubted that she would ever see the little boy something or than a threat to the children she would one day give Cristiano. 

Junior was Cristiano's illegitimate son and that caused him several problems especially since Cristiano insisted that Junior receive the same rights as his future full-blooded children. 

"You'll be given your own staff... nothing much but to make you both comfortable," Jorge continued showing Camelia into the house, it was very beautiful and a lot homelier than the main house; he could see why Cristiano had wanted Camelia and Junior to have it. 

Taking a deep breath, Camelia moved to sit down on the couch and stared at him; she wasn't entirely sure how she felt about that especially if they were going to be loyal to Catalina back at the main house.

"They'll take orders from me?" Camelia asked softly, she didn't want anyone around her who would be likely to do something to hurt Junior or her; she knew that a lot of the staff in the main house would be loyal to Catalina. 

It was going to be a difficult few months and right now Camelia wasn't sure who she could trust, she knew that things were only going to get worse the more people found out about her. 

"Yes and only you," Jorge reassured not blaming her for being worried, she didn't know Catalina but the other woman wasn't going to take this well when she found out. 

Cristiano had plans to tell her later and Jorge could only imagine how that would end, he was sure that his boss would come to regret his decision soon enough. 

Rushing into the house, Junior hurried to his mother's side and peeked at the door waiting for the older woman to come inside; he didn't like how angry she looked and he was worried about his mother. 

"So the rumours are true," Dolores Aveiro murmured stepping into the room, she had hoped that it was all lies but seeing Camelia again; she knew that this wasn't what she had been expecting after all these years. 

Jorge stood between the two women knowing that Cristiano was not going to be happy about this, he had moved his mother into a house miles away so that she couldn't meddle in his life anymore after she had married him off to Catalina. 

"Dolores," Camelia greeted softly, she eyes the woman knowing that this wasn't going to be a pleasant reunion; she had no idea why Dolores was here now. 

Eyeing the little boy that was with Camelia, Dolores couldn't help but feel angry that she was back into the life of her son; she couldn't believe that this was happening now.

"How dare you come back after what you did to Cristiano," Dolores spat stepping forward, she had been so sure that she would never see Camelia again after she had married; she hated how she seemed to always be in the way. 

Junior peeked at the woman that was his grandmother, he stared at her wondering why she was shouting at his mother when she had done nothing wrong. 

"You wouldn't know anything about that would you," Camelia mused calmly, she wasn't going to lose her temper in front of Junior; she brushed her fingers through her son's hair and whispered softly in comfort to him. 

Not saying a word, Dolores watched Camelia knowing that she had to get rid of her; she couldn't allow her son to learn of what she had done to secure his future. 

"I found the letters to my madre Dolores... you helped them," Camelia whispered shaking her head, she had always been fond of the woman before her since she had treated her better than her own mother had but this had changed everything. 

Dolores had willingly helped her parents ship her off to Palma and marry her to Ricardo before she had engineered Cristiano's marriage to Catalina for her own selfish needs. 

The room was silent and Jorge knew that Cristiano would never forgive his mother if he knew what she had done; he had always held hope that there would be a future for him and Camelia. 

"Don't get comfortable... you'll be gone soon," Dolores snapped eyeing the beaded maxi dress that had certainly been a gift from Cristiano, she was going to be having words with her youngest when she got a hold of him and she would put an end to this. 

Camelia didn't say a word as she watched Dolores leave, she doubted that Cristiano would listen to her; he seemed quite intent on having his cake and eating it too right now. 

The only thing that did worry Camelia was having Dolores and Catalina here together, she couldn't handle both women when it came to protecting her son and they wouldn't make this easy for her.

***

"How could you do this to me?" Catalina screamed throwing a vase at Cristiano's head, she couldn't believe that he had taken on his ex as his mistress and had fathered a child with his whore. 

This had been the last thing that Catalina had been expecting when he had told her that there was news that he had to share with her; Cristiano had been calm all evening and she had hoped for news of a holiday. 

"What do you expect me to do?" Cristiano hissed knowing there was no way in hell he was going to give up on Camelia, he had finally gotten her back and he was going to be a father to Junior. 

It was just something that Catalina was going to have to deal with, Camelia was here to stay and nothing Catalina said would change Cristiano's mind. 

"Get rid of her," Catalina spat searching for something else to throw at him, she hated this and she should have known that this was the reason he was so eager to go to war. 

Catalina wished she could have stopped him; she didn't know why he was so obsessed with Camelia but she had thought the woman had married another. 

It was silent for a moment before Cristiano stormed out of their bedroom, he slammed the door behind him wanting to get away from Catalina; she needed to calm down and he wasn't going to spend the night with her. 

Catalina screamed in frustration, she had no idea why Cristiano was doing this to her when she had been nothing short of the perfect housewife for him. 

"Are you okay?" Hugo asked stepping into the bedroom, he had heard shouting and he guessed his brother had finally told Catalina about the whore he had brought home. 

Catalina sniffled and nodded her head, there was always one brother that she could count on.