Chapter Twenty-Three: The Wedding Announcement

"The boys love their rooms," Camelia mused walking into the bedroom, the house that they had moved to was a lot bigger than the last and she was surprised that Catalina hadn't demanded to leave here. 

It was a lot nicer than the house that Catalina had lived in and something told her that Cristiano had hidden this from his former wife; it was a home that he had planned for her and the boys. 

"That's good," Cristiano murmured looking up from his work, he smiled at Camelia glad that she was finally well enough to move about; he had hated that she had been stuck on bed rest for an extra month so that she could fully recover. 

Matias had wanted to make sure that Camelia made the best recovery that she could, she had been through so much and with a wedding being planned there was so much that needed doing. 

There was no sign of the couple taking this slow and the wedding was set for the end of September, they didn't see the need to waste time when they both knew what they wanted. 

Camelia slowly made her way over to Cristiano, she knew that he had a lot on his plate and she wished that there was something that she could do to help him relax.

Wrapping her arms around Cristiano's shoulders, Camelia gently kissed him knowing that he had done enough for the day; he had been so busy and she was sure that he could leave it until tomorrow. 

Eyeing the paper that lay in front of Cristiano, she paused seeing her name and her stomach turned wondering what it was; she didn't want any more trouble in her life. 

"What is it?" Camelia asked feeling nervous about the answer, finally things were going right for them and she hoped that they weren't going to face anymore problems after what had happened. 

Smiling Cristiano gently pulled Camelia onto his lap, it would be a while before they could officially break their new bed in; he didn't wish to rush Camelia in anyway.

"Our wedding announcement, it'll go out across the empire," Cristiano mumbled enjoying the distraction, it had been a long day and he just wanted to relax a little with his wife-to-be. 

Now that Cristiano wasn't legally tied to Catalina and his former wife had left the country, he could live the life that he had always wanted and he was determined not to waste any more time. 

Nodding her head, Camelia eyed the paper for a moment knowing that she was going to have to get used to this; she was just relieved that her former married name wasn't mentioned at all. 

There were no links to her former life here and Camelia was grateful for that, she would never be remembered as the wife of Ricardo Silva; she doubted anyone would remember her first husband at all. 

Leaning forward and kissing Camelia, Cristiano found himself relaxed knowing that finally they would be able to be happy; he would do everything in his power to keep them that way. 

"I love you," Cristiano breathed slipping his hands carefully under Camelia's dress, he would go no further and he was sure that in time things would return to normal. 

Kissing Cristiano back, Camelia knew that he wouldn't rush her to go further and she was grateful for that; she wasn't quite ready to make love to him after being ill. 

The couple continued to kiss for a moment enjoying their moment, it had been a rough couple of months and they were finally able to put it all behind them. 

"I love you too," Camelia whispered back, she ran her fingers through Cristiano's hair glad that the boys had settled so quickly; she guessed that it helped their new rooms looked like their old ones. 

Mateo was so wonderful and Camelia was just glad that it had all worked out, she couldn't imagine what would have happened if Hugo's plan had worked.

Their sons would have grown up without both of their parents and Catalina would have gotten what she wanted; it all seemed like such a horrible dream now.

Resting his head against Camelia's, Cristiano closed his eyes wondering if they would finally have the peace that they deserved; he was already planning to keep his mother away from. 

There was no way that Cristiano was going to allow anyone to ruin their wedding, they had waited long enough and he knew how fond his mother had been of Catalina; she was also still upset for him executing his own brother. 

Pressing another kiss to Cristiano's lips, Camelia carefully got to her feet knowing that it was getting late and she would much rather do this in their new bed. 

"Are you coming to bed?" Camelia asked hoping that he wouldn't stay in his office for too long, she couldn't imagine how much work he had to do but she did hope he would come sleep with her. 

Cristiano sighed looking at Camelia wishing that he could join her right now, he had a little bit more work to do and then he would be able to join her in bed. 

"Soon..." Cristiano murmured offering her a smile, he wanted to get their announcement sent out before he did anything else; he didn't care who saw it only that he got to marry Camelia on the 30th.

***

General Cristiano Ronaldo is to be married to Lady Camelia Falco by the end of the month in a private ceremony. The couple will be joined by their two sons, Cristiano and Mateo Falco Aveiro.

"Would you look at that," Carson Falco mused staring at the announcement that had arrived that morning, he set down his drink not even surprised by what he had read; he should have known the whore would have run off with that man. 

The fall of Palma had been far from easy and he had been extremely lucky to make it out alive, he had avoided being spotted by General Ronaldo to make sure that happened. 

Ricardo's fate had been sealed when he had tried to murder the bastard and had killed two cousins in attempting to get his revenge on Camelia for her betrayal. 

"Looks like our darling daughter is getting married," Carson announced handing the paper over to his wife, it almost didn't seem fair that she got to live a life of luxury while they rotted in Palma with nothing. 

Sienna Falco stared at the announcement that her husband had just handed to her, she couldn't believe it and she felt anger build within her that Camelia had betrayed them in such a way. 

Any good daughter would have brought their parents to live with her and enjoy the wealth that her husband-to-be held; however, they hadn't seen Camelia since they had sent her off to that camp to distract General Ronaldo before the final battle. 

"We'll see her soon enough," Sienna replied wanting her daughter to suffer, they had lost so much in the final battle and it wasn't fair that Camelia had her happy ending. 

Camden had been killed in the final battle and Carson had only survived because he had fled the battle before everything had gone to hell. 

They had been left with nothing but that would soon change, they were planning to break free of empire control and they knew that when they did they would attract a certain amount of attention.

"Or send her back her husband's head as a wedding gift," Carson spat grabbing his wine, he would make the General suffer and leave Camelia with nothing. 

The time was coming and Carson knew who would be sent to deal with them when the rebellion happened.