Chapter 6

Samantha

Maybe it wasn't my place to do what I did but I think it was high time the family knew the type of person their son was getting married to. The family just thought that Chase and "Chelsea's" wedding was just being held up a bit and they just decided to make it into a big deal now. What they didn't know was that the girl standing in front of everyone was just an imposter. I should've at least waited until after the party because Chase seemed so affected.

Chase

It was her, the real Chelsea Daniels in the flesh. I don't understand how she ended up here I mean it was an intimate function. Scar touched me softly oblivious to what was slowly unfolding. The woman that meant the world to me two years ago just walked into my engagement party like everything was fine. I went on with my speech putting a mental note that I'd deal with this later. We had a good time when I finished speaking and soon most people were well on their way.
"Thank you all for coming," Scarlet said to the departing guests, "what happened to you earlier?" She asked as she walked towards me.
"Uhm…I think we should speak to my parents immediately, Chelsea walked in as I was making my speech. I think it will be best to get to them before she does."
Unfortunately, she got to them before I could and boy did she sing like a canary. My parents were sitting there trying to savour the news and my mum was her usual sensitive self, she was in tears. Somehow I expected this but what I didn't expect was to see Chelsea with a little boy that seemed about a year old in her arms. My dad summoned me and I walked over there like a was a little boy that was caught stealing from the cookie jar.
"Son, this young lady here tells me that your betrothed stole her identity and that the child in her arms is your son," at that moment I wished I could just bury myself in the ground but honesty was the only way to go.
"Well, that's not exactly what happened. Yes the girl I'm with is not Chelsea, her name is Scarlet. Chelsea and I broke up a month before you came to visit and I met Scarlet through a friend, I only wanted you guys to be proud of me. As for that child in her arms, he can't be mine because Chels cheated on me with Dan, my own cousin," it felt good to get this off my chest.
"Aiden can't be Dan's child…he's sterile," said Chelsea.

Too predictable? Well, leave your comments and vote :)