Chapter 5

Chase

The suspense killed me when she took her time to answer me but I knew she loved me and she wouldn't mind spending the rest of her life with me. We didn't see the next few days coming, though, we organised an engagement party and what happened that night was not something we could've predicted.

Scarlet

Chase’s parents never found out the truth about my identity, to this day they still think I'm Chelsea Daniels and they don't know anything about my past. We never approached the stage where we spoke about that and we didn’t really spend a lot of time together. It was probably time to tell them now that their son was planning on making me part of the family. We were planning on telling them at the end of the engagement party. We planned the engagement party two weeks after the proposal, it was too soon but we wanted it to be in such a way that all our loved ones found out at once. It was an intimate function and I was so happy to just be surrounded by friends and family.

"I just want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for just being here to celebrate our engagement," said Chase as he continued his speech, "we know that it was short notice but I just had to let everyone know that I asked her to be my wife and she said yes. If that's not a good reason to celebrate I don't know what is." He had that childlike excitement as he spoke and then suddenly he stopped, almost like the words were so deep that he was trying to find a way to forklift them out of his chest. He stood there…frozen.

The initial plan was to stop at chapter 4 but I guess I was too attached to leave without an answer.
Please vote and comment. ❤❤❤