Chapter 3

Scarlet

"You must be the Chelsea Daniels that stole my son's heart," seeing Chase's mum made me realize where he gets his looks.

"Guilty as charged ma'am." Chase introduced to me to everyone at the dinner table. He and I spent the entire afternoon preparing dinner for this evening. He was so surprised when I told him I could cook, growing up I wanted to be a chef, but my mother said that that was not a realistic dream.

Chase and I whipped up an amazing meal for his family if I must say so myself.

Samantha

Something was up with this Chelsea girl, I've seen pictures of Chelsea Daniels and this definitely wasn't her. I don't like calling myself a stalker, but I had to be prepared to meet her so I staked out her Facebook page just to be sure.

"So Chelsea, I thought you couldn't cook?"

"Yeah, and I thought you were married so we were both wrong," everyone giggled but I thought she was being rude, "I'm sorry, I get a little defensive at times. I can cook, but I don't like letting people know, my sugar bear here just found out this afternoon."

My mother found an opportunity to jump in, "So you've never cooked for him?"

"No, I believe that if you start giving him all the benefits while you're still dating then he'll never want to settle down, now I've got a ring on it so might as well just treat him a little."

"That's a good philosophy," mum was so loving her, but I wasn't, she's a phony.

"So you want your son to starve because she's living on a philosophy?" I don't know what was funny about that, but everyone just burst into laughter.

"Could you please show me inside, I need to put Quinton down," I was the black sheep of the family, I was 19, single and I came with baggage-my son Quinton.

Chelsea took me inside so I could put my like punk down.

"What are you up to with my brother?" I just had to come right out and ask her, I wouldn't want anyone taking my brother for a joy ride.

"Excuse me?"

"I know that you're not the real Chelsea, where is she?"

"I think you should ask your brother. Put down your little beanbag and join us on the patio," how rude! Something was going on here and I was going to find out.

Chase

After dinner, Scar pulled me aside to let me know what went down between her and my sister. Honesty was the best policy so I pulled her aside and I told her everything.

"Why don't you tell them the truth?"

"I just need to get them off my back for now; I'll tell them the truth."

"Well that's stupid," she said as she walked away. Fingers crossed she doesn't say anything.

I rejoined the crowd and it seemed like they were having fun playing Dare, really awkward because my mum was there, dad decided he'd like to head out early. It was just me, my brother Dale, Sam and the lovely Ms. Scar or should I say Chels.

"I think I missed the action, could you please grace us with a little bit of action Ms. Daniels," my brother with his big mouth.

I jumped in, "In front of mum?"

"I don't mind," she said. Scarlet didn't hesitate, she just came closer and she worked her magic. I must say that kiss was...

Scarlet

Mind-blowing, it felt like electricity was flowing through my body. That night we didn't sleep much-having tons of sex.

"I think I'm falling for you," that was unexpected; we lay there on his bed in the wee hours of the morning.

"I have that effect on people," I said giggling.

"I'm serious Scar, I know it's a bit sudden but I can't deny how I feel."

"Chase, you can't. Not after everything I've done."

"I don't care what you've done," was this guy fuckin serious, I just couldn't handle all that love talk.

"We'll work through it, together," I felt like getting out of that bed and running, but I also knew that I couldn't run forever.

"Do you think I'll ever love you, are you even sure that I'll be sincere, I've been faking orgasms for 6 years, how do you know I won't fake it with you?"

"I won't give you that I'm different bullshit, I just feel like I can trust you. You came into my house and you complied with all the rules I gave you, you cooked for my family and you stole my heart. I just hope I'm not scaring you."

I felt like I could trust him as well so I let it all out, "I grew up without a father; my mother was so torn that she mistreated through emotional abuse. When I finished high school I ran away from home with the little money that I had and that's when I met Big Mak, he took me in and he introduced me to this escort stuff. I haven't seen or spoken to my mother in 6 years and because of my father, I promised myself that I wouldn't do that to myself. Growing up I wanted to be a chef but I've lived my life thinking that I was useless because of my mother," I tried to fight back the tears unsuccessfully.

"You're worth it Scar. I know you've been through so much with your parents but I'm here now and nothing else matters. Please let me in."

I hope you're enjoying it so far. Votes and comments are always appreciated ;)