Chapter 4

Chase

I know I said I don't see myself falling for someone, but here I am, falling for Scarlet. She was just so different and not the usual girl that I went for.

We spent the next couple of days talking and just discussing where we were headed, thankfully my family had left because it wouldn't have been easy to do all this when they were around.

"What's that?" she was taken aback and she didn't realize what I was talking about so I continued, "the scars on your arms."

"I won't beat about the bush and say that the cat scratched me, I was a cutter when I was younger. I was trying to get my mother's attention, but it didn't work."

"I'm sorry babe; the good news is that I'm here now to take care of you. Speaking of which, I've got a surprise for you."

A year later

Scarlet

Oh, My Gosh! I'm now a qualified chef. Chase's surprise was that he had secretly applied at a culinary institute on my behalf and I managed to get in, obviously. We've been seeing each other for a year now and I have to admit that he's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I've planned a little surprise dinner for us tonight on the patio; I have a good feeling about it.

Chase

"All this for me?" I was glad I finally had someone in my life that wasn't all about my money.

"Anything for you, my darling boyfriend," I couldn't help but just grab her and kiss her. She wasn't the only one with a surprise tonight.

"Baby, I've got a little something for you as well, but we can discuss that after we go skinny dipping." Did I mention that I've got a rooftop pool? Yeah, I'm that rich.

We swam for a while, had dinner and it was time for my surprise. "Thanks for dinner love, I know I've kept you suspense for a while so I'll put you out of your misery...will you marry me?"

Thanks for reading, please don't forget to vote and COMMENT.