dix huit : i'm dying

Hyerin's POV

Finally, we've arrived Deojeokdo Island. I'm so excited because I've never been on camping before. I'm so happy that we're going to have tents here and stuffs. It's like I'm living in a kdrama.

I helped teachers and classmates to bring my bags and the accessories out. We all helped each other to build tents and prepare the foods.

It's already evening here since it took us quite a long time to arrive this island. I stopped thinking and brought another tent from the bus in order to build another one.

I almost bumped to Soojung and she just stared at me. Her expression is priceless. I don't know why making her mad really makes me feel happy.

She bumped me by my shoulder as she walked pass me. I sighed, bit my lip and turned around to see her walk away. I almost shouted at her again for god's sake. I let it slide as I continued walking.

The tent is kinda heavy but I think I can hold it somehow. I averted my eyes to see Jin preparing the foods. I think that there's something wrong with our situations . . .

As I walked, Namjoon and Hoseok appeared from nowhere as they stood in front of me. I got startled.

  "Hand it to us, Class Prep. You should do the cooking with Jin." Namjoon took the tent from me and they both left.

I stood there dumfounded by their actions until I've finally realized that I shouldn't be standing here doing nothing. I walked to Jin's side and helped him prepare the foods.

  "What are you making?" I asked him, looking at his teary eyes. "Wait what, why are you crying?" I placed my hand on his shoulder.

  "These onions make me cry." He sobbed and giggled. I swear he's the cutest thing I've ever seen.

  "Aish, jinjja. You make me scared for a moment out there." I hit him and he laughed.

  "Okay, I'm done with these now." He washed his hands and face. "The barbecue is going to taste great tonight since this skillful boy did it." He bragged again.

  "Okay, can you just stop with your bragging and boasting for once?" I requested and he moved his face closer to my face.

  "Okay, jagiya~" He said which sent goosebumps to my entire body. My face turned red so suddenly and I looked away.

  "You guys, if you're just going to flirt, then please step aside for now. I need to use this place." Our homeroom teacher smiled at us and we both bowed down, leaving that space for her.

For a moment, Haena walked up to me. She leaded me away from Jin and whispered, "Hey Class Prep. Soojung is nowhere to be seen."

  "What? I saw her just a few minutes ago." I almost shouted but she shushed me.

  "It's bad if she isn't here in the next 10 minutes because we're going to eat together and our homeroom teacher will count the number of students." She stated the obvious.

  "Okay, you have to calm down first. For now, go and help those guys with the preparation and distract the teachers from asking anything about Soojung. I'll go and find her." I told her silently and she nodded.

I searched every tents but she's nowhere to be seen. I searched in the restroom and she's not there either. Just what is she doing and why isn't she picking up her phone, goddammit.

I arrived the hiking trail and saw her standing at the end of the cliff, looking at what's downward. Don't tell me that she's going to commit suicide.

  "Ya, Han Soojung. What are you doing here?" I yelled and she turned around to look at me. Her eyes got all teary and her face looked extremely pissed.

  "Are you satisfied now?" She asked and I walked toward her. "Are you fucking satisfied now that you have those evidences and proofs? Why the fuck don't you report those to the principal then?"

  "You've finally confessed that you're the one who did it? I mean, with Donghoon." I felt my anger rising. "Do you think that it's good to pass exams with cheap tricks like that? Just give up."

  "Bitch, you don't know anything about me. You'd better shut the fuck up." She turned around to slap me which just made me feel angrier. She just poured a fuel to the fire.

  "Han Soojung. You've done it now." I took out the USB from my pocket and showed her. "Tonight, everyone is going to know about this. Don't worry."

  "Fuck you! Give it to me!" She tried to get it from my hand but I rejected. We were fighting like crazy until she finally slapped my hand so the USB fell from the cliff and I tried to catch it causing myself to stumble on a rock.

Up until now, there's no other situation worse than this. I'm on the verge of dying. I grabbed the end of the cliff so hard in order not to let myself fall. There's nothing down there . . . just land and trees. I'm going to die if I fall from here.

My heart was beating so fast and I tried not to look down because it will just make me feel more scared. I've already started crying.

  "Ya! Han Soojung!" I yelled but there's no response. Maybe, she already went back. Now what to do? I can't get up from here. My hands are bleeding so hard and it hurts. If I lose the grip, I'm going to die.

I was breathing harder than usual and I don't know why. It's such breathtaking. I was crying and struggling to come up again but I still couldn't reach the cliff back.

Maybe this is the end of me . . . I'm giving up.

Just when I decided to give up, I felt a pair of hands grabbed my wrist so I looked up to see Jin was helping me to get back to the cliff.

Not again, he's always there whenever I'm in trouble. I started crying again until he finally managed to lift me up. I laid atop of him and he was panting.

My entire body was shaking and I couldn't stop myself from crying. I was about to wake up from his body so he could breath properly again but he just hugged me so that I laid back down on him.

  "I'm s-sorry," He said while panting. "I'm really sorry. I should've come sooner." I felt his arms shaking around my neck and his heartbeat was loud against my ear.

I bit my lip as I let my tears fall continuously. He hugged me tighter and I was about to do the same thing but my hands are numb.

  "Jin .. I'm scared. I'm scared .." I think I've gone insane now. I'm so scared. I'm just scared that I'll never see him again. He woke up from the ground to sit but he never broke the hug.

  "It's okay, Hyerin. It's okay, you're okay now. Don't worry, I'm here." He patted my head slowly and slightly as I snuggled between his neck and shoulder, hugging him back.

  "S-seriously, why are you always there whenever I'm in trouble?" I asked between the sobs then he broke the hug.

  "Didn't I tell you already that I want to be with you?" He pinched both of my cheeks. "Just stop crying now." He stopped pinching my cheeks as he used his thumbs to wipe my tears.

  "Hey, your hands are warm." I touched his hands that were on my cheeks. "I'm borrowing your hands for awhile because I'm cold."

  "Do you wanna feel warmer?" He asked me as he still cupped my face with his warm hands. I nodded.

Suddenly, his face moved closer and closer to me as I felt his hands bringing my face forward. He was looking at my lips without my blinking and I felt like I'm going to die from the sight of him being so close to me.

For a split of seconds, his lips met mines and my heart beats fast in an instant. His lips are soft and tender; he's kissing me slowly yet I felt it hard for me to even draw breath. His hands never left my cheeks.

He isn't making me feel warmer . . He makes me feel hotter.

He finally broke the kiss and he looked at me, smiling. "Do you feel warmer now?" He said as soft as whispers and I died. I can't stand it anymore. He's sending shivers to my body.

I looked away from him as I felt my cheeks heating up. He's good at driving me insane.

Jin, you can't do this to me. I'm dying.