vingt six : why?

Hyerin's POV

"Okay, class. This will be it for today." My teacher erased the whiteboard and left the classroom.

Everyone started shuffling out from the class as well and I'm preparing my stuffs to my bag.

There's a knock on the door which came from Red Hulk. "Kim Seok Jin? Principal wants to see you." He spoke then Jin left the class.

There's only me now in the class alone. As soon as I've done preparing, I left the classroom too. After walking for a few steps, my phone rang.

I picked it up.

"Mom, what is it?" I asked her.

"It's about the thing from last time. Your dad still wants to talk to you. Can you ask for permission to leave the school this evening?" She asked and I sighed.

Not again. This sucks. I don't wanna go.

"Okay, mom. I'm going to be there in a few minutes." I hung up and walked outside the school to the bus station.

I really don't want to go seriously, I just don't want to meet him. I got an invitation from a medical school at USA that I won a scholarship there. The principal at the school happened to know dad, so yeah.

I got into an argument with him the other night. The night that I've just come from Jin's house when I looked after him. I wasn't in the mood so I just yelled at my dad and then went back to my room. And in the morning, I woke up extremely early so that I couldn't meet him.

But he still has a way to call me back.
Ugh.

•••

I hopped off from the bus quickly and walked a few meters until I arrived my house. I locked the door and went inside.

There, my parents were sitting on the couch facing each other and they didn't say a thing. My mom was looking down at her hands that rested on her laps. She's scared. I can tell because she's my mom.

I walked silently to sit next to mom, facing dad. He held tons of papers in his hand which are probably my information and stuffs but I don't care.

"I still haven't settled things with you yet." He started the conversation and I sighed.

"Dad, I don't want to go." I replied firmly, feeling his anger rising all the way here.

It's true that it's been my dream to study abroad and especially doctor-related thingy. But, I've decided now to forget about that dream because I don't wanna leave Jin.

Jin, don't get angry at me for giving up on my dream just to stay with you.

"And the reason is?" He asked for reasons and I tried to think of one.

"Ugh, I was so desperate at that time to study abroad but now that feeling kinda fades?" I told him and he became extremely angry.

"Isn't this the reason why you don't want to go?" He slammed dozens of photos to the table. I straightened myself a little to see them.

Those are photos of me and Jin.

I stood up from the couch immediately and got them from the table. I kept looking one after another, anger flowing inside my body.

I stopped looking and sighed, looking at him. I am unable to utter a word and when I looked at my mom, she was making a surprise facial expression. She got the photos from my hand slowly and looked at them. Her mouth fell wide-opened as she looked at me. I think she just knew about this.

"Dad-" I cut myself off and sighed, hand resting on my forehead. "I just don't wanna go anymore, I hope you understand. It's not because of him. It's not his fault." I yelled.

He stood up from the couch, facing me. "I hope you will consider about this once again." He spoke calmly but his face showed clearly that he's mad.

I rolled my eyes and sighed again. I have no idea what to say anymore. I grabbed my bag from the couch and ran outside the house.

"Hyerin!" I heard my mom yelled but I just don't wanna talk about anything anymore. I called a taxi and hopped inside instantly. I'm going back to school.

I looked through the taxi's mirror and cried. I tried not to sound so loud to let the driver hear me. It's embarrassing to cry in front of someone, especially strangers.

I just felt so broken and lost. I just don't want to do anything anymore beside meeting Jin. I want to meet him, I want to talk to him, I need him.

Why did dad want me to leave the person I really love? I can just study here when I finished this school, and plus did he not want to see my face this much that he wanted me to study at another country so bad?

Why do things don't come the way I wish them to happen? Why is the timing always bad? If that freaking school accepted me sooner, I would've gone there already because at that time, I still didn't know Jin.

Now that I knew him, there's something that wanted to break us apart. Just why did things always happen at the bad timing? It sucks.

I just want to do something I love and yet it's so difficult to achieve them. There are many things that I wanna do but do they have to be this way?

As I arrived the school, I gave the money to the taxi driver and went inside. Many students looked at me as I walked pass them maybe because my eyes are swollen.

I went inside the room and saw Haena sleeping on the bed, playing on her phone. She didn't look that happy so I didn't talk to her. Normally, she would greet me as I walked inside but today she didn't. I bet she's not in the mood.

I walked pass her and plopped myself down to my bed. I felt like crying again but I wiped my tears away. I reached out for my phone in the bag in an attempt to dial Jin. But he was calling me.

I picked it up in an instant. He said he wanted to meet me at the backyard. I went there and saw him standing there looking at the ground, back leaning to the wall.

"Jin," I called out so he walked toward me slowly, eyes avoiding me. As he came closer, he looked at me. His expression darkened and I saw sadness in his eyes.

"Let's break up." He said and my smile faded instantly.

Why?