Chapter 6: I beat my brother at something...finally

Chewbacca roars in frustration as the two droids take down another one of his characters. "He made a fair move." Protests the golden droid "Screaming about it won't help you."
Han then interrupts "Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookie."
I nod in agreement with him.
"But sir," Threepio complains "Nobody worries about upsetting a droid."
Han laughs "That's because droids don't pull people's arms out of their socket when they loose. Wookies are known to do that.
Threepio hesitates for a moment before answering "I see your point sir. Artoo, I suggest a new strategy. Let the Wookie win."
I smile, and turn back to watch Luke and Ben. Luke is holding some sort of laser sword, and is deflecting blaster bolts from a hovering sphere. After getting hit the first few times, he eventually starts deflecting them with ease. I think he's doing well. Right up until Ben gives Luke a helmet. "You're crazy." I blurt out suddenly.
Ben turns and smiles at me "Am I?"
I raise an eyebrow "Luke can't deflect the blaster bolts if he can't see them, right?"
Obi Wan chuckles "Your eyes can deceive you, don't use them."
I nod slowly, still not totally understanding, but not wanting to continue asking questions. As the sphere starts firing again, Luke somehow manages to deflect every single bolt. When he finally shuts off his sword, I start to clap. "I would ask how you did it, but it'll probably be some kind of philosophical definition that I won't get, so I won't." I laugh.
Luke smirks. "I call it luck." Han smirks.
"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." Obi Wan replies.
"Hannah, you want a go?" Luke asks.
"Woah!" I gasp "Um...is it safe?"
"Sure." He replies "The blaster bolts only hurt for a second."
"Okaaay." I say, walking over to Luke. He gives me the helmet, and for a moment, our hands touch, but then I quickly place the helmet on my head. Blinded, I stumble about momentarily. Somewhere to my right, I hear Han chuckle. "Shut up Han." I groan.
A metal object is placed in my hand, which I guess is the laser sword. Fumbling, I eventually find the button which ignites the blade. For a millisecond, I hear a humming. Swinging the blade around to my left, I hear the sound of a blaster bolt, but with no pain. A gut reaction, and I tilt it a bit to the right. Another blaster bolt that I hear, but never feel. I deflect several more before I hear Luke's voice. "Ok, Hannah, you can take off the helmet now."
I sigh and turn off the saber. I remove the helmet, but drop it as I reignite thesaurus and deflect a stray blaster bolt. Once I've checked that the sphere's fully turned off and turned off the saber, I turn to Luke, who's doubled up laughing, alongside Han and Chewie. Even Obi Wan is smiling slightly. "Really?" I laugh. "What?" Luke asks "It was funny!"
"For you!" I snap, rolling my eyes and smiling slightly. Feeling the need to think, I walk into the cockpit and sit down, staring into hyperspace. When I was little I would get lost in the blurred lines of the stars. And that's what I do now. I love being in the hyperspace, simply because it's the one thing in the galaxy that never changes. I guess that's what I fear most, I suppose. Change. A large yelp from the hold distracts me from my thoughts, and I'm about to see what's going on when the monitor starts beeping, and I sit back down. Moments later, I'm joined by the others. "What was going on in there?" I ask quizzically.
Luke still has a smirk on his face "Han got, blasted...a lot."
Chewie chuckles.
"Laugh it up, fuzzball." Han mutters.
I chuckle, but gasp as the lines of hyperspace blur into an asteroid-heading straight for us. "Look out!" I yell.
We swerve just in time. "What the heck?" Han asks "Where's Alderaan? Did I enter in the coordinates wrong?"
I check the monitor "Nope. Coordinates are correct. Which means..." A sickening feeling overcomes me.
"Which means what?" Luke asks.
"The plans to the weapon your droid's carrying?" I state
"How do you know about-" Obi Wan begins, but I cut him off.
"Looks like the weapon's just been tested."