Chapter 11

"Well, well, look who we have here," Ed said with a smirk as he approached the bar, catching the attention of the mop haired boy behind the bar. "Thought you said you were done with bartending, that you would do something with that degree of yours, mate."

Taylor couldn't help but match Ed's smirk. She had been talking with her friend Selena when she mentioned she had seen the "hot British" bartender working the bar at a restaurant. Taylor wasted no time telling Ed this new information, knowing he would get a kick out of it. Ed had proceeded to plea that they go to said restaurant.

Harry seemed unamused as the pair approached him, "Yeah, well, apparently there isn't much one can do with a psychology degree," he said as he placed two shot glasses on the bar with one hand, with the other he reached for a bottle of tequila.

Ed laughed happily, downing the shot as soon as soon as he reached the bar. Taylor followed suit and took a seat, happy to be back at a bar. She hadn't been to one in over a week. She tried telling herself that she wasn't going due to her busy schedule, and not because she was actually avoiding Karlie and it was simply easier to blame it on her work. She wasn't sure anymore which one was true. She had never really slept with a friend, the girls she usually slept with where strangers that she knew she would never see again. But Karlie would always be there, at her favorite bar. She wondered if she could even pick up girls again with Karlie there. Would it be too awkward?

"Why didn't you go back to work at the bar?" Ed asked, still smiling like a fool.

"And give you the pleasure to tease me every day? No, thanks." Harry took the empty shot glasses away and handed them each a beer instead.

Taylor relaxed at the familiarity of the situation, Ed and Harry arguing while she watched on, occasionally joining in, Harry knowing exactly what drink to give them and when, without needing to be told. It was fun getting to try Karlie's different concoctions but now she realized she had missed this. This was easy, familiar, like riding a bike. Not new and complicated like what she had waiting for her at the bar.

Conversation flowed easily between the trio, Harry needing to leave occasionally whenever a new customer approached. After her second beer, Harry handed Taylor a water, knowing she wasn't fond of getting drunk. Taylor felt a hand rest on her shoulder, as soon as she turned around she was met by Martha, looking annoyed.

"I just can't seem to escape you, can I?" Taylor said, surprised to encounter the girl again.

"You're buying me a drink today," Martha said, ignoring Taylor's comment and taking a seat next to her.

Taylor smirked, "No luck today?"

"Nope," she said, still sounding annoyed.

"Harold, get the girl a drink. She needs it," She said amused, before turning to her other side to face her ginger friend, "Ed, Martha; Martha, Ed." She said as an attempt to introduce them.

"Pleasure," Ed said with a smile. Martha simply raised her hand, briefly looking at Ed.

"It's Harry, by the way," the brown haired boy said with an eye roll, "What can I get you, love?"

"Scotch whisky," Martha replied before turning her attention back to Taylor. "You looking tonight?"

"Haven't thought about it," Taylor said with a shrug.

"We're a package deal."

"Huh?" Taylor asked Martha confused.

"There's a girl that has been checking you out for a while now, I assume she'll approach you soon. We are a package deal." Martha repeated.