Chapter 2

"Are you coming to the show tonight?" Ed asked as the two friends laid on the couch watching TV. He had been able to secure a spot during performance night at the bar the two of them  liked to frequent, it was a small gig and he had done it a few times before, but he was still excited to perform some new material. It would give him a chance to see how the audience reacted to them, and would help him decide if they were album worthy. After all, he wanted his first album to be as perfect as possible, something he could look back to and be proud of, which was the reason he was taking so long to finish it. It helped that he was friends with the president of his label, it meant being able to work on the album without feeling rushed.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Taylor responded with a smile, "You've been keeping pretty tightlipped about you're new songs, I'm curious. I'm going to be front row staring at you intently, without showing signs of whether or not I like a song to make you feel nervous."

The Brit laughed, "You say that now, but when you get to the bar and see something you like, you'll completely forget why you went there in the first place."

"That's not true..." Taylor, however, did have a tendency of going to a place with Ed, and leaving with someone else. So, she understood when she was met with an skeptic look. "Fine, I'm promising you right now that I will be leaving that bar with you, and I promise I won't have sex with any girl tonight."

"You promised the same thing twice, you must be very serious about it," he said jokingly.

"Those are two completely different promises."

Ed looked at Taylor with a confused look, "How so?"

"Well, the second one, I mean... there's always the bathrooms." Her redheaded friend simply stared at her before shaking his head in disbelieve.

"You know what, I'm going to go get my guitar and loop. We should get going soon." With a final shake of his head, he left the living room to retrieve his stuff. Taylor stayed in place, smiling victoriously, even though she had no reason to feel like she just won.

"Okay I'm ready, let's go," Ed said as he returned to the living room. Taylor quickly got up, and the two made their way towards her car.

"Here, I'll drive," Ed offers as he extends his arm out for the keys. She simply starred at him, wondering if he was being serious.

"Good one, mate. You don't even know how to drive."

Finally the ginger cracked a smile, "Please, as if I'll ever touch your car," he walked towards the back of the vehicle and place his stuff in the trunk, "I quite enjoy being alive."

Taylor simply rolled her eyes and started the engine.

----------------

When the two friends arrived, there were a few people in the bar. It was still too early in the night for the place to be too full.

"Why don't you get us a place to sit? I have to get some things set up for later." Taylor simply nodded in response.

She ended up choosing a table towards the back of the bar. While she had told Ed she would be front and centered for his performance, she much preferred staying away from the crowds.

Taylor heard laughter coming from a table closest to her and instinctively turned towards it. It was a group of girls, most likely college students, all pretty but in the stereotypical way. They would've been Taylor's choice target any other day. But despite what people believed, or more specifically, what Taylor wanted people to believe, it wasn't that hard for her to not hit on girls. In reality, she had begun to grow bored of her lifestyle. It was no longer fun to pick up a girl for a night, she didn't feel the thrill she used to. There used to be something so enticing about putting herself out there and not knowing if a girl would turn her down, it allowed her to be vulnerable without putting her heart on the line.

The problem, Taylor would soon find, was that no one ever turned her down. Not even the straight ones would turn down the opportunity to be with her for a night, no strings attached. It had been amusing at first, but now it was only boring. The sex was often good but she wanted a challenge, and there was none.

Taylor finally looked away from the table when one of the girl's noticed her staring. Instead, she glanced at the bar, behind it she noticed a new face. It was a girl, probably in her early twenties, she was tall with tussled brown hair that was only an inch or two shorter than Taylor's. Her beauty could take anyone's breath away. Taylor watched as she ran an old rag over the mahogany countertop; it was the new bartender.

The old bartender had just graduated college and decided he would try to make something out of his degree. Taylor remembered when he had begun working there a few years back, on his first day he had tried to hit on her before realizing her preferences were similar to his. Over the years he had become a sort of friend for Ed and her. He had learned all their favorite drinks, and would often know which drink to give them depending on their mood before they even asked. Were he there right now, Taylor would already have a cold beer in hand. It annoyed her knowing that she would actually have to get up and ask for it.

When she was only a few feet away from the bar, the girl behind it looked at her, giving her a big smile. For the first time, Taylor noticed her eyes, they were green, the kind of green that would almost border on gray.

"Hi, what can I get you?" She asked in a cheerful manner that seemed out of place for a person handling alcohol.

"A beer," Taylor responded as she took a sit on one of the stools.

"A beer coming right up," she responded just as cheerfully as before, turning towards the right.

"The other way, love." The girl quickly turned to the left avoiding Taylor's eyes, a hint of red on her cheeks as she realized the blonde was correct. Taylor smirked as she watched the girl.

"You seem to know this place well," the girl noted as she handed Taylor her drink.

The blonde simply shrugged, taking a sip. "I come here often. What about you, this doesn't seem like your type of scene." Taylor gestured around them, as if to make her point more clear. "You know, working at a bar."

The girl laughed and Taylor couldn't help but think it was the most adorable thing she had ever heard. "Definitely not my first option, but the money is good, so..."

"Then what is your first option?" Taylor wondered, figuring it couldn't hurt to get to know her bartender a little better.

"Modeling," she answer without missing a beat.

She wouldn't be the first aspiring model Taylor met, but she was the first the blonde thought might actually make it as one. Most model wannabes that she met were good-looking for sure, but there was something about their beauty that felt manufactured. The brunet, however, was simply striking, nothing about her beauty felt fake.

"Well, I wish you the best of luck with that, um..." Taylor left the sentence hanging, allowing the girl to finish it.

The aspiring model didn't disappoint, "Karlie, with a 'K'."

"Karlie, with a 'K'." The blonde repeated in confirmation, offering the smallest of smiles to the young girl.

Taylor gave Karlie one last look before getting up and walking back to her table.

N/A: The feedback on the first chapter was better than I expected! Thank you so much to anyone who voted and commented, it really meant a lot :). Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Xx.