Chapter 4

The second she saw her, Taylor knew. It must be her lucky day, most nights she would have taken at least an hour to find someone to spend the night with, but today, she found her the second she came through the bar's door.

Taylor decided to take a seat where the girl couldn't see her. The girl in question had blonde hair that was a few inches longer than Taylor's and a body to die for. She was wearing a little black dress with strappy heels. Her eyes almost never leaving the door, except for when she glanced at her phone, no doubt checking the time. Taylor recognized that look, it was the look of someone who had just been stood up; she almost felt bad for the girl.

She observed the girl from a distance, trying to guess how the girl would react if she approached her. Would she become emotional over being stood up and cry? Or will she be mad about it, mad enough to want to sleep with Taylor as some twisted form of revenge? Taylor was hoping for the second option.

Finally, Taylor got up and slowly approached the girl, praying she wouldn't become emotional. The girl, her eyes still glued to the door, didn't even notice Taylor standing right next to her.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She knew it was a straightforward, maybe even strange, question, given that her table was only for two, but she asked it anyways.

The girl finally tore her eyes from the door, focusing her attention on Taylor. Her blue eyes roamed up and down her body as if checking her out. "Sure." Her gaze was now focused on Taylor as she took the seat in front of her.

Taylor tried not to laugh at how easily the girl seemed to forget about her date. "So what's your name? I don't believe I've seen you around." Taylor asked easily.

"Martha. Yours?" She answered, completely ignoring the second part of what Taylor had said, slightly surprising her. Taylor wasn't used to such short answers.

"Taylor," she said, trying to appear unaffected. "So you're waiting for someone?" Surely that would get the girl talking.

"Doesn't matter," Martha answered easily, "Why don't we talk about you instead, tell me about yourself?"

Taylor forced a small smile, not liking the way the conversation was going. She much preferred when others talked and she just asked the occasional question to keep the conversation going, only pretending to care.

"There isn't much to tell," Taylor said, hoping to get the conversation to where she wanted it, "Why don't I go get you a drink and you can tell me about yourself?"

Martha smiled sweetly, "White wine will do just fine?"

Taylor nodded and made her way towards the bar, still trying to process what had just happened. She soon spotted Karlie, with not many customers, she was reorganizing the many bottles of alcohol, looking rather bored. However, once she spotted Taylor she smiled happily. That smile, no doubt, got her many tips.

"Beer?" Karlie wondered with a raised eyebrow.

"Naw, not this time. Two glasses of your best white wine, please." The brunet looked at her curiously but grabbed a bottle and two glasses nonetheless.

"Seems like a strange choice for you," She noted, in the week she had been working there, the blonde and her redheaded friend had only ordered beer. "Ed especially doesn't seem like a wine-drinking type of guy."

"Ed's not here today," Taylor answered simply, but turned to look at Martha sitting at one of the tables, Karlie quickly following her gaze.

"Your girlfriend?" The brunet asked with a smile, as she handed her the two glass.

Taylor laughed darkly at the suggestion. As if. "Hardly know her," she said before taking the glasses. "Thanks."

The blonde made her way back to the table, a glass in each hand, determined to get the girl talking.