Chapter 1

The leg on either side of Taylor's head started to quiver, the girl underneath her arched her back, pushing herself deeper into the mattress. She screamed in pleasure before falling back on the bed, exhausted and satisfied. But Taylor didn't stop, instead she increased the pace, bringing her hands to the girl's thighs to pull her closer. Soon, the brunet was moaning again, her reaction not as intense as the first time, but her release was just as pleasurable.

Taylor finally pulled away, climbing off the bed in search for her clothes.

"Wow, that was amazing," the girl still in bed said, her breathing was heavy from the high.

The blonde didn't respond, never being one for conversations after sex. Instead she quickly got dressed, only returning to the bed to put her black combat boots back on.

"Leaving so soon?" The girl asked as she crawled her way towards Taylor, "You can always stay a little longer, we can have some more fun." Her arms wrapped themselves around the blonde's waist, reaching for the hemline of her shirt.

Taylor ignored the girl and got up to get her jacket. "I have things to do."

The disappointment in the brunet's face was obvious, but Taylor didn't care, she had gotten what she came for.

"Let me give you my number then, maybe tomorrow we can get together again."

"No, thanks." The blonde responded as she shook her head. She hadn't bothered to learn the brunet's name, the chances of her calling the girl back were even slimmer.

Before she could say anything else Taylor was out of the bedroom. It didn't take her long to find the front door and soon she was outside in the quiet of the dark. The moon was shining bright, the only thing in the night sky shining that night, or any other night. The city lights always overtook the stars.

Taylor walked towards her car, an old Plymouth convertible with chipped gray paint. The blonde had promised herself she would get a paint job for it, but she never seemed to find the time to. Though, in reality it was nostalgia that kept her from getting that paint job. She had gotten the car when she was 18, it had been her first car and she loved it deeply. With it's imperfections and all.

Once the blonde reached her car she threw her jacket in the passenger's seat before getting in. She felt as the engine came to life under her touch and soon she was speeding off into the dead of night, music blasting through the speakers. She hadn't been driving for more than a couple of minutes when civilization appeared again, with cars coming and going from places.

Taylor quickly glanced at the clock, deciding to stop for some In-N-Out on her way home. Something her roommate would no doubt appreciate. It didn't take her long to find one of the fast food joints, its line always long, no matter the time of day or night. While she waited for cars to keep moving forward, she took out her pack of cigarettes, lighting one up.

She was almost done with it when her order was handed to her. She thanked and winked at the cashier before setting off. It wasn't a long drive from the restaurant to her apartment; she burst through the door, instantly calling for her roommate.

"Ed! I'm back," the blonde called for her friend while she made her way towards the table, "I brought dinner."

Taylor's redheaded friend entered the kitchen a minute later wearing a serious expression. "I just had pizza."

"You don't have to eat it," she answered nonchalantly, taking a bite of her own burger.

A panicked expression crossed Ed's features, "Now, now, let's not be crazy. I might've just had pizza but that doesn't mean I'm going to be rude and let you eat all alone," he said as he took a seat in front of Taylor. She laughed, seeing right through his lie.

Taylor enjoyed the company of her British friend, he was one of the few people she felt comfortable around, his laid back nature something she truly appreciated. She first met Ed while walking the streets of LA, he had been standing in a corner playing his guitar when she noticed him. She watched him perform a few songs before striking up a conversation with him. She explain who she was and after finding out he didn't have a place to stay she offered him her couch. He happily obliged and eventually something that was meant to be temporary, turned more permanent with him taking up the spare room in the blonde's apartment. They had been roommates for two years now. He knew and understood Taylor the way few people did. Some saw her as shrewd and cold, while others dismissed her as a troubled child. But Ed knew the truth. 

"So how did your night go?" He asked between bites. He had been with her at the bar when she met the brunet, and subsequently, left with her.

"As good as any other night," she answered, getting up to throw her trash away.

Ed snickered under his breath at her response, "Sometimes I wonder if any of these girls will ever be able to tie you down, even for just a month."

Taylor chuckled at that, "Doubtful. I'm not very good at the whole dating thing."

He thought about it for a moment before responding, "No, that's not it. I think you'd be good at it if you tried, you just don't want to." The blonde didn't respond so he continued, "I just wonder if any of them will be able to change your mind. Love is not that bad you know. Some might say it's what makes the world go round."

Taylor scoffed in response, "Please, Ed, stop fooling yourself. Love sucks. It's only there to hurt you."

Of course, Ed knew the reason behind his friend's reaction but he couldn't help but feel she was wrong. But he let it go knowing, he was walking on egg shells.

Quietly, however, he hoped someone would come into the girl's life and change her mind. Because, if there was one thing he knew, it was that Taylor deserved so much better.

N/A: New story! :D I've been thinking about this for a few weeks and I just really needed to write it. Hope you guys like it so far, I know it's a bit of a slow start. All feedback is appreciated :).

Also I just wanted to say that Wild Card is currently in my drafts, I wanted to edit some (a lot) of the chapters, but it'll be back up... sometime. 

Xx.