Chapter 24

5 years later...

I stood in front of the infamous coffee house, and smiled. Its been five years since I have walked in here, and sat down with my friends, my best friends in fact. The ones that stayed with me through thick and thin, and the ones who I helped, and who also helped me cope with PTSD. Now we are back, just because of Alison. I don't know why all of us listened to her when she asked us to come back to Rosewood, but we did, and its too late to turn back now.

I walked into the Brew, and there they were. All four of them sitting down, laughing while sipping their cups of coffee. I walked over, and Emily's eyes grew as she caught sight of me.

"Kendall!" She stood and ran over to hug me. I laughed and hugged her back tightly. Each of the girls did the same thing, and then came Spencer.

"Hey little sis." She says. She hugged me for the longest. Her and I have been extremely busy with our careers lately, that we barely saw each other anymore. She has been busy with her career in politics, and I've been busy traveling for my published book. 

"So how are things Kendall?" She asked motioning me to sit besides her.

"Good." I say. "This book tour is ridiculous. But its a dream come true." I didn't expect to be the person to publish a book, or memoir in my case. I was expecting just to travel abroad and go back to school for a career in politics, similar to Spencer. But one day, I sat down and wrote about A. A or Charolette I should say, and how she has impacted my life. My story was such a hit, that it eventually became The New York Times Best Seller. 

We all talked for what seemed like hours. We caught up with everything, like Hanna's new finance, to Emily's life in California, Aria's new boyfriend Liam, and my mothers political campaign. I looked at the time, and we did end up talking for hours.

"Sorry ladies, I have to go." I stood up and grabbed my purse.

"Where to?" Aria asks.

"I have other friends I promised to see." 

"Like who?" Spencer asked.

"You don't know them." I tell her. "My agent booked me a room at the Radley, will I see you guys there later for drink?" 

"You have a room at the Radley? Why didn't you tell me? My mom could have set something up." Hanna exclaims.

"Don't worry Hanna, its nothing really. I'll see you guys later." I walk out of the Brew and into my car. I went on my phone and sent the message:

You know where to go right?

They texted back,

Yea, I'll be there

I drove over to The Radley. It has changed so much in the past five years. It went from a creepy mental institution, to a beautiful hotel with sights that were beyond incredible. If you walked in there, you could never tell that there were people in there years ago trapped in rooms, going insane. 

I went up to my room, and opened it. 

"I read your book." He said facing the window. Without turning around he continued. "Its a beautiful story, how you told it. I didn't know you felt like that."

"Its been three years. I wouldn't expect you to know me and my situation with A at all." I say closing the door. As soon as he heard the door shut, he turned around, and his bright blue eyes met my dark brown ones. 

"Why did we leave each other?"

"Life got in the way. We wanted different things, and it was impossible for us to meet each other's standards."

"But now?" He asked.

I sigh. "I think it can work. Don't you?"

A small grin appeared on his face. "I never stopped loving you, and I never will. So yes, I think it can work just fine."

I couldn't hide my smile from him. I walked over to him and kissed him softly on his lips. We let go and he hugged me tightly. 

Mike and I broke up three years ago. Like I said, we wanted different things, and we both knew we couldn't keep a long distance relationship. We did for a while, a year actually when I went to Spain. I got back, and things were getting rocky, but we powered through. But the night of our three year anniversary together, we broke up. We both decided it was for the best. We wanted to get to know ourselves, and be able to do things that we couldn't do if we stayed. Mike and I stayed broken up for the next three years. When he heard that I was going to Ohio for my book tour, he called me. He went to college there and we talked for hours catching up with each other. He was graduating college in a couple of months, with a criminology degree. 

I remember when I got to Ohio, we met again. He took me out for dinner, and that next morning I woke up in his apartment, in his arms. I remember opening my eyes that morning, and seeing the scar that he had on his shoulder from the gunshot. From the day he saved my life. I kept remembering how I had no hope for him, and how I thought he was going to die. For the years that we dated after he woke up from saving me, I felt like a shitty girlfriend. I had no hope for him. Who has no hope for someone they loved? Well that was me. When we broke up, I was glad. I thought I could have that guilt get lifted off my shoulders. But it never did, because I still loved him, like I just found out he still loved me. 

Mike let go from the hug and saw a tear slowly run down my face. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah." I laugh. "I," I paused, "I just missed you."

"I missed you too." He wiped the single tear from my cheek with his thumb and kissed my forehead. 

I was happy. I was happy standing in a place that was now beautiful with the person I always loved. Everything was finally falling into place. But that was what I thought at that moment. I didn't know what was going to happen in the near future. Everything was going to just fall into a million pieces again. I thought A's final game was five years ago. But no, there were many more games to come. 

A/N: AND THAT WAS THE LAST CHAPTER AHHHHHHHHHH. and yes. Mike is ALIVE. and yes, I will be making a FIFTH BOOK thanks to popular demand! Title and when it will be realized is to be determined. ILY GUYS SOOOOO MUCH

Kisses -E