Chapter 14

Mike's POV

"Ken why are we at a storage unit?" I asked her yet again. Every since we got here, I have been asking her the same question, and she has been ignoring me. I have absolutely no idea why we are here and she won't say a word! I keep on thinking that she is going to meet with A and I'm gonna be stuck in the middle of it. I love this girl, but sometimes, she needs to learn that some things are dangerous, and that she can't be the hero all the time.

We were walking through the halls of the building, until she made a sudden stop at a unit.

"Now can you tell me why we are here?" I say impatiently. "I want my breakfast burrito."

Kendall chuckled. "Thank you for being so patient." Her sarcastic tone started to tick me off, and I knew she could tell by what she said next.

"Okay okay relax. I'll open it and you will see what it is." She unlocked the unit and stepped inside the dark creepy room.

"I knew it! I knew you were meeting this freak!!" I said a little too loudly.

Kendall then turned on the lights, and there were boxes and boxes of items. There were dressers and clothing racks and posters hanging around the wall.

"Mike, this is a storage unit filled with my parents old stuff. I'm not meeting A." She walked in more and started looking through the boxes.

I walked further into the room, and went towards the clothing rack. "Well, if your not meeting A, then why are you over here?"

"Just looking for some stuff." She said without even looking back at me.

"Do you need help?"

"No, you wouldn't know what I'm looking for."

As Kendall kept digging around for whatever she was looking for, I explored the room. This room was quite big, but it didn't seem like it with all this stuff. To think that all her deceased parents items were all over the place gave me the chills. I started to touch all the clothes on the rack, and started talking.

"Why are all these stuff here and not in California?"

"Well when we reburied them here, my present parents thought it was a good idea to bring their stuff here, since well, they're buried here."

"Oh." I said. There was an item on the rack that was zipped up in a dadk blue bag, so you wouldn't see through it. I was about to zip it down to take a peek, but Kendall stopped me.

"Don't touch that!!" She said slapped my hand away and zipping the zipper to the top. She faced me. "That's my mom's wedding dress. Its been im mint condition for the past 18 years. It's only been taken out of that bag three times. I don't need a fourth." She then gave me a glare that was unforgettable.

"Sorry." I shyly say. Kendall goes back to looking for whatever she needed. And I carefully continued exploring the unit.I saw a medium sized box, with the words "KENDALL'S STUFF" written in sharpie. I went to open it. It was filled with Kendall's old clothes from when she was a toddler, and old toys. My eyes widen to what I saw. 

"MR.SNUGGLEBEAR!" I yell! This was a stuffed bear that Kendall used to bring everywhere. And I mean everywhere...

Kendall was right behind me and started laughing. "I haven't seen him in years. Since I was around six actually." She grabs the teddy bear and looks at it nostalgically. 

"Did you find what you were looking for?" I asked Trying to change the subject.

"Yeah." She says putting the bear back in the box, and picking up a different one. 

"What's in there?" I ask as we leave the storage unit. 

She put them in the trunk. "Just some old photos."

We finally drove to get breakfast, or from the time it was now, brunch.

I was finishing up my breakfast burrito, and Kendall was playing around with her pancakes.

"What's up?"

She looked up quickly, as if I scared her out of her thoughts. "Um, nothing, I'm um not hungry."

"Okay." I say suspiciously. After paying the check, we went back into the car.

"Now that we aren't in public, do you really want to tell me whats up?" 

She fumbled with her fingers. "Just thinking about the future."

"What do you mean?"

"Like what I will do for a living, where I will live, who I'm gonna end up with. Aren't you ever afraid about stuff like that?"

"Yeah, but I never thought you would worry about this."

She stayed quiet again. I shrugged it off and just drove us back to her house. 

Kendall's POV

Mike decided to drive my car back home. He parked in my driveway, and I continued to stay quiet.

"What Kendall?" By his tone, I could tell he rolled his eyes. I wouldn't make eye contact with him. I was holding something in, something important.

"Ken, talk to me."

I looked forward. "All the girls graduated. I graduated. They are going to college. I said I wouldn't. I turned down UPenn cause I wanted some time for myself. But in the end, I'm still leaving."

"What?" he say in shock.

I face him. My heart was pumping out of my chest trying to tell him this. "I'm going abroad. I love to travel. I seek adventure. I always have. I'm traveling around Europe for a year or so. And then back to study in California."

"You're leaving Rosewood?" He says. I couldn't tell if he was mad or not. "For how long have you kept this?"

I sigh. "Since I came out of hiding. My mother introduced me to it, and I took the opportunity."

Mike got out of the car and I got out following him. "You can't be upset over this!" I yelled.

"And why not?" He yells back.

Calmly, I said, "Don't you care if I'm happy or not?" He didn't give me an answer, so I continued. "I'm not happy here in Rosewood. Things have happened here that have scared me for life. Like over there," I pointed at the barn. "I was shot there." I looked around the house. I pointed at my room window. "In there, I was stabbed." I look over at the pool. "I almost drowned over there." he kept staring at me. "Mike, there was a dead body buried in the backyard. Ever since I've been here, things have just been crazy and bad. I want to get away from it."

He scoffed, and went back to his car and drove. I sighed and leaned against my car. Why was this happening? How could he be so upset over this? I went to the trunk and took out the box. I told Mike it was filled with old photos, but really it was filled with the medical records of Charles DiLaurentis.

Read Author's Note please!!

A/N: HI GUYS I HAVENT UPDATED AND IM SO SORRY!!! Things have been crazy and I haven't made time to continue writing. I have gotten messages asking if I could do a Q&A? Would you guys want that or like no? I don't really care what you chose, so comment what you think! It won't be too long, and will be posted with the next chapter.

Kisses -E