Chapter Six, "I've always had a thing for lunatics in leather."

Start from the beginning

I was the Dark Vixen now. After Bruce had gone home after our quite lengthy make out session, I couldn’t sleep, so I put on my newest outfit for the Dark Vixen and gone straight out into the night.

I could feel someone’s eyes on me, but knew it wasn’t Selina. She would have already started to bug me by now. 

“It’s rude to stare, you know.” I muttered, knowing he’d hear me.

“Who are you?”

“I was you once. Gotham’s hero, the one who they knew would save them, but when everyone thinks you’re indestructible, it’s easy to believe it yourself, and that’s when it becomes hard to tell where the mask ends, and the real you starts,” I said, turning round to face him. I was feeling open and honest tonight, and I knew he would listen and not try to arrest me. After all he let me go last time. “People around me started to get hurt. My partner got murdered, my best friend became my enemy, and I lost myself. The night became more and more appealing, and in the end, I gave into the temptation, and now here I am. Talking to a man dressed up as a bat, the guy who took my place.”

Batman was evaluating me, sizing me up, before trying to decide if my tale was true. He seemed to believe it, but reluctantly. 

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Not the one you asked, no. I’m the Dark Vixen. Didn’t choose my name like you. Some are born great, some become great, and some have greatness thrust upon them. I’m the latter, which means you’re one of the former. Which are you?”

“I’m neither. Greatness is not my goal. Cleaning this city of criminal scum like you is.”

“Scum? Ouch, darling. Here I thought we were getting along!” I exclaimed, over-exaggerating the hurt I felt so it came across as sarcasm. “I think you’re being mean to try and convince yourself that kiss meant nothing to you.”

“It did mean nothing.”

“Obviously, because two nights later you kissed Suzanne Dawn.”

As I said that, I noticed the muscles in his jaw tensed at the mention of my name. 

“Got a soft spot for red heads, don’t you? Poison Ivy will be glad to hear that,” I said, slinking towards him. His cool blue eyes sparked a little, but he got control over himself quickly, but not quickly enough for me to not notice. He didn’t move as I pressed my body right against his, placing my hands on his muscular shoulders.

“I’m not here to fight with you, B-man. In fact, as a show of how I’m going to learn to behave myself again, I’ll even offer my crime fighting services. You need help, I’ll be on this rooftop. You just have to get Jim Gordon to flash your sign in the sky…let’s say twice. And I’ll come running.”

“I don’t need help.”

“Says the man who is currently dressed up like a bat. Underneath all this Kevlar, darling, there’s just a man,” I whispered, leaning my face towards his. “Men always love women who’re at their beck and call. So just give me a call, stud, and I’ll come and offer my help in whatever you need. Besides, I‘ve always had a thing for lunatics in leather.”

I pressed my lips against his, and he instantly responded. His mouth sent sparks up and down my body, making me moan. He used that as an opportunity to push his tongue past my lips, which really didn’t bother me. One of his gloved hands gripped my waist, while the other had my braid wrapped around it, which he tugged. My hands moved up his chest and around his neck, holding the back of his head, most likely in the subconscious effort to stop him from pulling away.

The kiss ended after a long time, leaving both of us breathless. And then the guilt spread through me. I’d just kissed the Batman, when not too long ago I was kissing Bruce. I liked Bruce a lot more than I thought I would, and now I feel terrible with myself.