Chapter 9 - Lying

Start from the beginning

"So," Lyndsy began, "I recently found out Jason Arscott is my long lost brother." After a long pause Emily exclaimed.

"What?! You're not kidding, are you?" Her eyes went wide and she had a crazy gleam in them.

"No, I'm not." Lyndsy deadpanned.

"Oh, my, gosh! This is so cool! D-does anyone else know?!"

"Maria is going to tell the press about me so they don't think Jason knocked somebody up." She explained.

"So you life is going to be out in the public for now on?" Emily asked, "What about school? There's no doubt that some of the populars are going to try to be your friend and . . . You might leave me." She pouted, immeadiately thinking the worst for her friendship.

"That's not to happen, I assure you." Lyndsy replied placing a reassuring hand on her best friend's arm.

The elevator opened and the trio exited it, they went to the supply closet that Lyndsy had last seen Ryder in. "Do you think he's still there?" Mark asked.

"Possibly."

Mark had opened the door and sure enough, there he was, slouched on the floor and scrolling on his phone with a pair of designer sunglasses on.

"Took you long enough to find me." He said as he got up and shrugged on his leather jacket.

"Really Ryder," Mark said in a disapproving manner, "This is the 2nd time this month." Ryder rolled his eyes, completely ignoring Mark's statement, and walked past them. They followed him out to the front of the building.

"Who's the girls?" Ryder asked. He took out a cigarette and lighter. Once lit, he blew a puff of smoke out.

"Jason's sister and her best friend." Mark replied, "And stop smoking, it's bad for you." He scolded.

"Hmm. . ." Ryder hummed, "I thought she was dead." He stated.

"Well, I'm not." Lyndsy glared at his rude behavior so far and crossed her arms. He turned toward her and obviously checked her out. He then rolled his eyes which resulted in a glaring contest.

"Quit your childish behavior and get in the car." Mark said to the two and opened the door. After a few seconds Lyndsy got in first followed by Emily then Ryder. Mark had the front seat.

Emily had the short end of the stick stuck between a bad boy and bad girl. She was clearly uncomfortable in the middle with her bubbly personality and two cold people next to her.

"Oh!" Ryder suddenly exclaimed, catching the attention of everyone but Mark's personal driver's attention.

"What?" Mark asked.

"You were the girl who, rudely, woke me up." Ryder said glaring daggers at Lyndsy.

"Oh please," Lyndsy retorted, "You're lucky it wasn't some crazy obsessed intern who would take a picture and put it on Tumblr."

"Okay we're here!" Mark exclaimed, breaking the silence. The two snapped their attention towards Mark. Ryder opened the door and got out, they were at the girl's hotel.

Everyone had gotten out, Mark quickly thanked the driver and closed the door. Emily and Lyndsy walked in and into the elevator and to the floor where their things were. Mark and Ryder remained in the lobby waiting.

"Why are we here?" Emily asked.

"Because I have to change my clothes so no one would recognize me." Lyndsy said, Emily nodded. Lyndsy's closet consisted mostly of dark colors and the occasional light colored garment, so she chose a pair of grey jeans and a graphic T-shirt.

"Great, let's go." Lyndsy said once she was done putting on the clothes, she left the leather jacket on the bed and shut the door. They were met with the sight of Mark talking with Katherine, looking absolutely uncomfortable, and Ryder scrolling on his phone once the elevator doors opened. Mark seemed relieved to have them there.

"Hey Katherine!" Emily greeted with enthusiasm and a big smile, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh nothing, just talking to Mark here. Have you guys met?" Katherine replied with a fake smile as if she didn't want Emily or Lyndsy there. Ryder then looked up from his phone and wondered what they'd come up with.

"Yeah, he was giving us a ride," Emily replied, "As a favor to my father."

"Oh, we were just talking about Jason, his best friend." Katherine said.

"Your ex-boyfriend?" Lyndsy asked with attitude, remembering Emily rants about how Katherine didn't deserve Jason. Katherine's cat-like eyes darted to Lyndsy with a glare.

"Not for long." She said with a sickly-sweet smile. "Hope to see you soon." With a hair flip, she walked out.

Lyndsy turned towards Emily, "She's a b*tch." she blatantly said.

"Let's just go."