Chapter 9 - Lying

Start from the beginning

"Great. We'll give 'em a statement later today, right now you need to talk to the group."

"I will." Maria raised her eyebrow, "Promise."

"Good, and remember, don't say anything incriminating or inappropriate!" She said and left the office

"You know I won't!" Jason called out then left the office. Lyndsy turned towards Mark.

"That was a complete change," she said, "One minute he's cold next happy."

"You'll get used to it." Mark assured, "He has several faces, ruthless business owner, charismatic ladies man, or maybe a bored tour guide, like he is right now." Lyndsy looked over to the group that contained the populars, Jason looked a bit agitated.

"Hmm." She sighed, "Can I hang with you til' I have to go? It's that or Youtube all day. You know some people addicted to technology and I think I may be developing that." She said with a straight face.

"Whatever you say Lynn." Mark rolled his eyes. "Besides, I have to pick up Ryder and drive him to his apartment. Speaking of, do you know where he is?"

"Supply closet, first floor, second door to the right." Lyndsy said without skipping a beat.

"And how did you gain this information?" Mark questioned.

"Easy, I contemplated selling the picture to the press because famous people passed out in a supply closet, juicy stuff, when I stumbled upon him, you know, the usual."

He drew in a breath and after a second or two, he released it, "Okay." She gave a sarcastic smile then dropped it.

"Oh! Hide me." Lyndsy spoke once they exited the office, she used his body to hide herself from the known populars in the group. It was Clarissa, Michael (or Mike) and Claire's minions. "Head down and don't let them recognize you."

"Please, I've been doing this for years now."

"Yeah? Well I haven't." She sassed and speed-walked away from the group, successfully avoiding them. They were now safely in the elevator, Lyndsy pressed the button she knew her friend was on.

"Why did you press that floor and not the lobby?" Mark asked.

"Because, I need to drag my friend Emily with me." She replied. Mark just went with a simple 'oh'. "Stay here and wait for me, I don't need a bunch of teenage girls crowding us."

"Noted." The elevator dinged and the pair got out, Mark stood at the elevator doors occasionally giving a charismatic smile.

Lyndsy spotted her blonde friend and walked towards her, she was at the back of the group. To avoid her other peers, Lyndsy just took Em's wrist and pulled her away from the group without anyone noticing. This startled the blonde.

"What?!" Emily whisper-yelled.

Still with her sunglasses on, Lyndsy said in a low voice, "Come with me if you want to live." Emily's eyes widened and her body language was now alert.

"What do you mean?" She asked, "Wait a minute, is that you Lyndsy?"

"Possibly, but follow me. We can't be seen." Lyndsy said, Emily raised a single eyebrow at her best friend's suspicious behavior. She dragged her back to the elevator, Emily fired endless questions at her.

"What's going on? Where are you taking me? Why are you're being dramatic? Why . . ." Her voice died out when she spotted Mark stand by the elevator staring at the two friends.

"Meet my brother's best friend." Lyndsy whispered in her ear.

"Wha-" she said with wide eyes as she hyperventilated, "How- I thought . . ." She fanned herself and tried to control her breathing while she exclaimed 'oh my god' over and over in whispers. Lyndsy pulled her into the elevator as it opened. Mark followed the girls in.