As One

"How's he holding up?" said Splendid as he stood in front of Master Monk and a knocked out Flippy. "Not good I'm afraid, Fliqpy losing control like that has coursed Flippy some vital injures, the bullet wound had opened up even more and his knuckles are civilly sprayed" said Master Monk sadly. "But why hasn't he just healed?" Splendid asked. 

"That's only Fliqpy, and while their asleep Flippy's in control" said Master Monk. "The good thing is I have managed to get the bullet out with ease, but there isn't much I can do about his wrists, all I've done is bandaged them up to let them heal in their own time."  

"Hey Master Monk, do you think if we can help Flippy with his memory problem me, Flaky and all the others wouldn't have to keep acting like you told us to?" Splendid asked with a sad expression. "I mean the guy's been my friend for as long as I can remember and yet he himself doesn't remember."

"Well if poor little Flippy had known of "Happy Tree Town's" secret back when he and his mum moved here then maybe he wouldn't have suffered at much as he should have" said Master Monk. "The only reason his mother and Flaky's mother didn't come back is because they were out the barrier at the time of the fire and were then shot down by the Tiger General." 

"What were they doing outside the barrier anyway?" Splendid cocked an eyebrow. "Saving Flippy who had been captured by the Tiger General while he was asleep" Master Monk replied. "Unfortunately as we all know they didn't return, only Flippy who was all covered in blood and had tearful eyes, from then on Mary took Flippy in and we looked after him until the day came where the military took him away and kept him under observation." 

"But wait where did Mary come in all of this, because she passed away before Flippy left the town?" Splendid questioned. "Here's what Flippy's was missing, it wasn't just once or twice the Tiger General attack his life but when living with me and Mary he kept on doing it until the poor little boy was so confused in the head even Fliqpy lost his sane mind and went crazy" said Master Monk. "That is why the military took him away from this place, to try and make the boy forget but in the end gave up and bought him right back here." 

Unable to speak Splendid kept to himself for a few minutes before a stern expression covered his face. "Watch over Flippy, he doesn't have to see any more of his friends die because I'm going to bring Flaky and Splendont back myself" he snapped. 

Meanwhile Flippy had moved onto his side, his emerald green eyes wide with shock and tears running down onto his pillow. He then shut his eyes tight and clenched his teeth as more tears fell. "So what you going to do Flippy?" came Fliqpy voice out of nowhere. 

In Flippy's consciousness 

The green haired teen was sitting on a wooden chair with his head in his hands, across from him was Fliqpy sitting on another wooden chair only he was tied up. Surrounding them was nothing but pure whiteness. "Been a long time since we've had one of these conversations" Fliqpy sneered. 

"Well you're not exactly the person I would want to talk to with what's been going on" Flippy mumbled. "Oh well not like it matters, I've probably lost the only girl I've ever liked in my whole entire life to the man who just won't stop creating this endless nightmare." At hearing this Fliqpy's face grew enraged as his lips turned into a vicious snarl and his eyes turned cold. 

"What so that's it, you're just going to give up just like that?" Fliqpy shouted. "After all we've been through and you throw it to the side like rubbish!" "Why would it matter!" Flippy suddenly cried, making Fliqpy stop and stare at his counter part. "Whatever we do, it just comes back and bites us in the back and I can't take it any more, I just want this all to end, I just to die!" 

It seemed time had slowed down for a quick minute before Flippy felt something collided with his cheek and the teen fell off the chair and spat blood as he landed on the white floor. "You're such an idiot" Fliqpy spat as he stood in front of Flippy with piercing golden yellow eyes. Flippy holding his cheek looked up at Fliqpy with small shaking pupils. "Do you even remember the promise you made to me?"    

Flashback 

"I'll make you a promise Flippy, whatever happens always look to the future and if anything from your past comes back to haunt you I'll be the one to stop it promise me that okay."

"O-okay" Flippy nodded.

End of Flashback

Flippy laid there for a minute staring off into space before Fliqpy interrupted his thoughts. "Listen Flippy, my head hasn't felt so clear in years and neither has yours, so stop trying to fight it." More tears fell as all Flippy did was carry on crying. "Alright if that doesn't convince you what about this?" The teen looked back up at Fliqpy to see his counterpart holding a soft stuffed green teddy bear with a army jacket on, a little beret on top of its head between the little creature's ears and dog tags hanging around its neck. "Remember this, your mother had said your father had left you a little something back at the base before he died."             

Throwing the bear at Flippy, the teen sat up and court it just as it was about to hit the floor. Black pacman eyes connected with emerald green as Flippy stared at the bear in disbelief. "Remember what it says on the dog tags?" said Fliqpy with his arms crossed. Turning the dog tags over Flippy read out loud, "Wherever you go, I go." 

Without another thought Flippy held the bear close to his chest and cried until his eyes went red. While all of this was happening, the bear started to glow white until it was so bright Fliqpy had to shield his eyes. Once the bright light faded, Fliqpy's face grew wide with shock before being replaced with a warm hearted smile. 

A green haired man held Flippy close to his chest as the young teen had his eyes firmly shut and was leaning his head on the guy's shoulder. "I'm always with you" the man whispered gently. "Dad, I miss you and mum so much" Flippy hiccuped. It was then a pair of soft and silky smooth hands wrapped themselves round Flippy from behind and just made it round his father. "We love you so much Flippy" said an angel's voice as Lily held her two most important men close. "We are so proud of you."

Minutes had passed before the three broke the hug, Philip then got up and looked over at Fliqpy with a smile on his face. "Fliqpy" he nodded. "Sergeant Philip sir" Fliqpy nodded back. "Thank you for keeping my son safe from the Tiger General all these years" Philip said as shaking Fliqpy hand. "It's been my pleasure sir" Fliqpy sneered. 

"Now I believe you two have some unfinished business to settle" said Philip as taking a step back and letting Fliqpy and Flippy's eyes connect. The two stared each other down before Fliqpy cracked a smile and put his hand out in front of Flippy, while his other hand rested in his trouser pocket. Flinching at first Flippy only looked at the out stretched hand before him before looking back up at Fliqpy and seeing he meant it.

Slowly but surely Flippy out stretched his own hand, and finally the two clashed together in a reversed handshake, It was then Flippy did something he hadn't done in so long. A huge smile from ear to ear plastered itself onto his face as the teen was help up by his counterpart. 

"So you ready to kick that Tiger General's ass" Fliqpy smiled. "Let's do it" Flippy shouted.

Back with Splendid and Master Monk

"You don't think you're going to take the Tiger General on without us do ya?" said a voice that made both Splendid and Master Monk look over at Flippy who was standing, his back to them. "Us?" Splendid said confused. "Yeah us" said Flippy as he turned round to show his friends his lime green eyes and sharp teeth, also his voice was clashed between his and Fliqpy's. 

"Holy damn, Flippy?!" Splendid stared in total horror. "It seems Flippy had become one with Fliqpy" Master Monk smiled proudly. "Heh so what are we waiting for, let's go get Flaky and Splendont back" Flippy smiled.