An old friend (Part 2)

The light shone on Flippy as he peacefully slept in the deps of a warm white blanket, his head buried in a big puffy pillow. The young boy opened his emerald green eyes to find himself looking up at an actual ceiling. Confusion washing over him, Flippy got out of his bed and looked to the right to see a beautiful meadow just outside his open window.

Looking over Flippy saw hanging off the end of his bed was his dad's beret, crawling over to it the young boy took it in his hands and held it close to his chest as he started to cry. 

"Hey Flippy can you hear me?" suddenly came a voice out of nowhere. Jumping a bit Flippy backed up to the wall in fright. "W-who's there?" he whimpered. "Hey alright kid take it easy I can't hurt you even if I wanted to" the voice said. "Not without killing myself as well."  

"W-what do you want? And where are you?" Flippy said as looking round. "Go over to the mirror" said the voice. Doing as it said Flippy got off his bed and made his way towards a huge old fashion mirror in the corner of the room that was bigger then himself. 

To Flippy's complete horror his reflection had yellow eyes instead of green and his teeth were much sharper too, also it held a Bowie knife in hand. "Take a seat and let's talk little Flippy" his reflection suddenly spoke making Flippy's eyes grow wide and his face going white as he clutched the beret tightly. 

Rolling it's eyes annoyed Flippy's reflection put down it's knife and took a seat itself. "Would it help if I said I'm you?"    

"But you're not me because I don't have yellow eyes and sharp teeth, and mummy always tells me never to play with knives because their dangerous" Flippy pointed over to the knife lying next to his reflection. 

"Well it's a good thing you don't remember last night then isn't it" his reflection smiled making Flippy shiver. "Now come on sit down, as I said I can't harm you without harming myself."  

With that said Flippy slowly took a seat in front of the mirror and he and his reflection just stared at each other for a minute before his reflection carried on. "There you see, that wasn't hard." Flippy said nothing. "Now let's get down to business, now here's the deal you let me out every so often and let me do whatever I want we're friends, if not then I'll make your life a hell whole, but you won't want that would you not after what happened to your father am I right?" 

Flippy stared down at his hands with his dad's beret in them and could feel himself hurting inside once again. "Okay" Flippy nodded. "Good, we are now friends but don't except any hugs or anything keep your hands to yourself" said the reflection as he crossed his arms and looked away in a bossy manner. 

"Heh okay" Flippy laughed a little making his reflection's cheeks burn red with embarrassment. "W-what's so funny?" it asked. "Nothing you just reminded me of daddy when mummy wouldn't give him any pudding on Christmas" Flippy giggled.     

Cocking an eyebrow Flippy's reflection just stared at the giggling boy before a small very quick smile came to his face before disappearing. 

"Flippy honey are you up?" suddenly came Lily's voice on the other end of the bedroom door. Looking over Flippy watched as his mother pushed open the door and found her son by the mirror . "Morning honey, who were you talking to?"

"Oh err..." Flippy looked back at the mirror to see his reflection shaking its head slowly as in to say don't tell her. "I-I was talking to daddy" Flippy said as showing his mum the beret. 

"Oh okay sweetheart, I know I miss him too" Lily smiled softly. "Breakfast is nearly ready by the way, so come down when you're ready and then I'll introduce you to the people that bought us to this peaceful little town."