The amount of tears streaming down my face blurred my vision. Footsteps approached my door and my anxiety spiked. The sound of two-year-old children laughing at the daycare entered my head along with the morning traffic racket. Hands wrapped around my arms to move me somewhere else. A feral sound escaped my throat as I registered throwing one guy into the back wall; hard. The second guy’s hand tightened around my shoulder before using his other arm to wrap around my middle so he could lift me easier. Another growl escaped my lips as my body became extremely electric. Guard number two was definitely out for the count.

“Prisoner coming in,” a distant voice called.

“Not now,” guard one yelled in distress. “We’ve got a problem in here.”

“What could possibly be going on,” the first guy grumbled, clearly upset with this delay. My vision was still very much obscured, and my head was pounding, but I could make out the doors swinging open and three sets of feet entered. “What the hell?”

“Just help me.”

“Better back up boys,” I hissed in a vicious voice I had never heard before. “You don’t want to get hurt.”

“I’m not afraid of you,” a new guard chuckled. Cackling, I let my hands spark and my hair was crackling too; my whole body probably glowed from all the electricity I felt running through me. The lights started to go out in the lane and all the guards started to radio in for back up. “Those won’t work,” I smirked.

“They’re currently under my command and, oops.” I snapped my fingers and all the devices popped a few times before causing small explosions; I think one caught fire judging from the smell of burnt plastic. “Sorry boys,” I grinned, a little crazed; if I had to guess that is.

Easily stepping over all their stunned bodies, I made my way to the end of the lane. The other side of the door was filled with all kinds of commotion. People were running around and trying to keep their voices hushed. I pulled a little more electricity from the building, plunging everything into darkness. Joker’s laughter reached my ears while he and the other rouges stepped out of their cells. Killing the power would mean that they could escape, huh?

“Thank you very much Cheshire,” Jervis’ voice was happy. “I shall have to have you over for tea soon.”

“Yeah,” Joker laughed. “Thanks ‘Cheshire’ for the breakout; I wasn’t expecting it.”

“Kitten,” Selina approached me. “What’s going on?” She sounded legitimately worried, but I still couldn’t break free from all the noise, all the pain in my head.

“Move. Back.” I hissed, placing my hands on the door and pushed the energy from my hands into the wood. Within less than a minute, the doors flew to pieces and knocked the first row of guards out. There were about twenty guards, armed guards, waiting for us. Dean and Donavan gave me a strange look when they saw I was ahead of the pack.

“Everyone,” Dean said calmly. “Back in your cells.”

“Sorry, no can do mistah!” Harley giggled to herself. “We’s gots plans to get ready for. Let’s go puddin’.” She and Joker started to move toward the exit and the guards started to shoot at them.

“That’s not very nice,” Joker laughed.

I heard his hand hit the knives in his pockets before they sliced through the air, making quite a nice sound. My vision was getting better and I could see the guards slowly approaching my still form. They hesitated in their approach when the crackling sound around me got louder and the floor beneath my feet started to blacken.

“Cheshire,” an eerie voice sang on the intercom. “You need to relax.” The last word came out as a hiss, a prelude to the hissing that came from the air vents all around us.