[7] thunderstorms

"YOU REALLY SUCK AT TROUBLE, AUNTIE." Tommy says, smiling as Tori buries her face in her hands while her parents laugh beside her.

"Tell me about it, but it's you guys! You keep kicking me out and I can't land a six!" Tori says, and she pulls her hands away from her face to look at her parents while they shrug.

"You just have bad luck honey," Her mom says, patting her shoulder and laughing quietly.

"Don't I?" Tori sighs, and stands up from her position on the floor. "I'm gonna get something to drink, you guys want anything?" She turns back to look at her family, an eyebrow raised.

"No, we're good sweetie." Her dad says and she looks at Tommy and her mom, they both shake their heads.

"Okay, mom go for me, alright?" She points to her red pieces and leaves to the kitchen. Walking with socks of pizza on her feet, she opens the fridge and grabs the gallon of water.

It's Tuesday, and Tori thought of taking Tommy over to her parents house and spending the afternoon with them. She told them about Rebecca when Tommy went to the bathroom, and their parents agreed with her that if Rebecca won't pull herself together by tomorrow, Tommy will be staying with them. Just as Tori and Tommy were gonna leave after having dinner, a thunderstorm appears and Tori decided that they should stay the night, it's been raining and thunderstorming hard and Tori did not want to drive home in this kind of weather.

She grabs a cup from the counter and pours her water into her glass cup. She puts back the gallon in the fridge and grabs her glass of water, she was about to leave and go back to the living room when her phone started to ring. Taking out her phone from her sweatpants, she looks at the caller to see it was Mateo.

Smiling, she answers and press her phone against her ear as she leans back against the counter, glass of water in hand. "Hey Mateo, what's up?" She grins as she takes a sip of her water.

"Um, are you busy?" Mateo asks her, and he sounded a bit panic as he says this, Tori could hear the rain pouring down from his side.

"Not exactly," she looks over to her family, and smiles as Tommy yells, saying he got one of his pieces home. "Why? What happen? Is everything okay?" She was already worried by the sound of his voice.

"Well," He pauses as thunder rolls loudly and as it passes, he continues. "I was driving home from work and my tire popped. There was something sharp, maybe glass, in the wheel right now and I'm abandoned on the side of the road with a thunderstorm over my head and my car won't turn on. But thankfully there's a McDonald's near by. Can you come and get me? Please?" He pleads her and Tori gasps, she puts back her almost empty glass of water in the sink and walks to the living room.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming. Just tell me where you are, did you call a tow truck already?" She asks him, and grabs her keys from the coffee table and her purse. She puts her phone against her chest as she looks at her family, who looked up at her confused.

"A friend of mine got stuck on the side of the road, his tire popped and his car won't turn on. I'm gonna go get him, I'll be back soon, okay?" She tells them, nodding before grabbing her red hoodie that was laying on the couch.

"Is it Mateo?" Tommy asks, smiling at her.

"Yes, it's Mateo. I gotta go, be good to mama and papa Tommy." She points at him before reaching down and putting on her shoes.

"Okay, but is it next time? You should kiss him." He says, and her parents looks at her, eyebrows raised while her dad cross his arms over his chest.

"No, Tommy. I'm not gonna kiss him." She looks at her parents. "He's a friend, okay? Bye I love you guys!" She turns around, putting her phone back against her ear as she grabs the handle of the front door.