[4] sunday mornings

TORI SIGHS, AND MOVES HER BODY so she would be facing anyway from the sun since it was bothering her. She grunts when she felt something press against her. Opening her eyes, she gasps when she was met with Mateo's sleeping face beside her.

His arms were wrapped around her waist, and their legs were interviewed together. Tori realized that they had fallen asleep on the couch and that Mateo didn't leave last night.

Tori press her hands against his chest light, and she looks down, realizing something was poking her abdomen. Her eyebrows furrow together in confusion before the realization hit her. It was probably that thing that boys have in the mornings.

"Oh my gosh," She says, and gets up quickly, she throws the blanket off of her and gets up.

"Huh? What?" Mateo says, waking up, he blinks his eyes in confusion and sleepiness still hazed his brown eyes as he looks up at Tori. "Oh, good morning. What's going on?" He says and he push his arm against the pillow they were sharing, he sits up as the blanket falls on his lap.

"I thought you left last night." Tori says, putting her hands on her hips as she looks down at him.

"Oh, right." Mateo yawns, and he runs his fingers through his bedhead. "I must've fallen asleep without realizing it. I'm sorry, I'll go now if you want me to." His voice was husky, probably since he woken up just now.

"No, just at least stay for breakfast than you can leave. I'm gonna use the bathroom then you can go." Tori points to her bedroom before turning and leaving.

She closes the bathroom door behind her, and sighs as she leans against the door. Staying there a few moments to recall last night's events, she pushes herself off the door and does her usual business in the mornings.

Finishing, Tori pulls open her door and walks back to the living room where Mateo was still sitting on the couch, a pillow over his lap. "You can go. There's a new toothbrush under the sink. You can use that one while you're here." Tori tells Mateo and he nods, standing up and putting the pillow and blanket back on the couch.

He walks over to her, a little sheepishly. "Thanks, belleza." He says in Spanish, and Tori raises her eyebrows at him, she didn't know what he said.

"What did you call me?" She crosses her arms over her chest as she looks at him. Mateo chuckles, and winks at her.

"Beautiful." He leans over and kisses her cheek before walking to the bathroom and closing the door behind it. Tori smiles, and softly touch her cheek before turning around and walking to her kitchen.

She decides to start making breakfast now while Mateo was in the bathroom.

Grabbing the ingredients for pancakes, Tori turns on the stove and sets to work. She also grabs some bacon and eggs to make. Half way through flipping the pancakes and bacon, she heard Mateo walking into the room and she turns around, spatula in hand. "Hey I'm just—woah." Tori stops herself, looking at Mateo's bare yet slightly wet chest.

He smirks at her as he dries his soaking hair with a towel. "Hope you didn't mind I took a shower, it's kind of a thing I do everyday." He shrugs, and Tori had to tear her eyes away from his toned chest so she met his eyes.

"No," she clears her throat. "It's fine, I don't mind actually." She sees a tattoo of a rose or something close to it on his right arm, on his bicep. "Cool tattoo." She points at it before returning to cooking.

"Thanks." Mateo says, and he walks over to her, he put his shirt back on. "Want me to help? Believe it or not, I actually know how to cook." He grins at her as he leans on the counter beside her.