Chapter 7

Six.
Seven.
Eight.
And there is the book I was looking for. Today is a very boring day. I tried everything and now I am counting white things in my room. I sigh. I take my phone from my nightstand. No notifications. When I'm busy the whole world is on their phone but when I'm bored they all disappear. I scroll through my messages and I remember the text from Camilla. And then I hit the call button. Because I can (do things without thinking).

"Hi Maxi?" She asks surprised.
"Hello. It's me. Ehh..."
"Hey."
"Can I come over?"
"..." I don't know why I was being so impulsive. Maybe it's just loneliness and boredom.
"Yeah. You can come over anytime today."
"Great."
And she hangs up.

(This is so bad I am so sorry)
***
I step inside Camilla's house. The television is still on in the background and the dinner table is very messy. The rest is still exactly the same.
"Hey." I try to start a conversation.
"You can sit if you want." She offers. "It's so quiet here lately."
"Yeah. It is."
She is silent. I try to read her expression but it is unreadable.
"So... How was Europe?"
"I don't want to talk about it." She pauses. "How's the band now? I've heard of some...harsh things."
"It's getting better." My eyes dart to the backyard. It is full of green plants just growing all over the place. It would reach my hip if I went outside now. There is a single tree outside. It is a thick, brown trees with winding branches. It is the same colour as the couch and the tables. The leaves are a mix of green, brown and yellow
Camilla's coughing brings me back at the moment.
"Can I ask you something?" She shifts her position.
"Yeah, of course." I say unsure of what to expect.
"What did I miss?"
"Not that much really. Andres and... Uh. Andres and that girl broke up, you already know about the band. Violetta is working on a second album, Francesca as well. Naty stars in dance videos and Ludmilla is teaching at the Studio." I study her expressions. I don't want to upset her or anything with the fact that there are somethings that she has missed.
"Can I ask you a question as well?" I ask.
"Sure."
"What did I miss?"
She let out a nervous laughter.
"Why are you asking me that?"
"No, because it is what friends do."
She let out a small smile after that sentence.
"I'll tell you when I want to."
I look at the television. The news is on.  One reporter had a fair skin. His hair was combed back. The other reporter was a woman with a tan skin colour and a narrow face. They are talking about the increase of teachers being threatened by parents. It's kind of sad how easy it is to lose yourself in a goal and then lose everything around you. This is just an example of it consumes you. But it's easy with all these negative influences everywhere. I always believe that negativity is contiguous and something to be avoided at all times. It is the true alien of our earth.
Camilla turns the volume up.
"This world is turning so evil." She says. "It is kind of terrifying."
"But what can we do?" I sigh.
"There are many things we can do, but no one is brave enough to actually do it." She looks at me. Not directly in the eye, but close enough.
I won't say anything in reply, because an argument is the last thing I want right now. It doesn't mean I agree. We continue watching it in silence until she changes the channel. The channel announced that the break was over and it went straight back to the movie The Lion King.

"Don't judge. You know you want to watch."
"I've never seen this movie before." I admitted.
"What?" Camilla said with disbelief.
"Yeah..."
"Okay, so shut up and watch. Don't talk too much because I need to hear what they are saying."

ῳɧąɬ ąɛ ყơų ɛҳ℘ɛƈɬıơŋʂ ʄơ ɬɧıʂ ʂɬơ?
I'm really trying to describe things so you can have a picture of it when you're reading it but I don't know how to describe houses. Tell me how you see the room and the garden so I know if I'm doing this right or wrong.

If you read this author's note you should go treat yoself for reading this.